Garbled picture?

Chowder Head

Limp Gawd
Hey guys I recently built a new rig (see sig) and have a small problem.

I'm using the same flat screen monitor I have for my last one, but when I set it to 1024x968, the words and characters are gittering around for some reason. I'm not sure why because my last computer had the exact same setting with the same monitor without a problem.

FWIW, the previous one had ME, and the one I'm using now is XP Home SP2.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Anybody?

I'm not sure if the monitor I have maybe can't handle the video card or not. And if it helps, the monitor is being plugged into the video card via a DVI to VGA connector. Think maybe that's the problem?

Thanks!

You really think so? The picture isn't screwed up by any means, it's just the letters and characters slightly move around. Like it's on a higher then supported setting.

I can, however, use the 800 by 600 setting just fine but I can't stand the closeness of it.

Oh now I understand, its probably something with the vid card but not a chipped core, did you try another vid card?

bartsimsonii said:
Oh now I understand, its probably something with the vid card but not a chipped core, did you try another vid card?

Sweet! Got it working!

Don't know what I did but it's perfect now. I just went to the settings on the video card nvidia display page and tweaked something and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for trying to help man. :)

Back