*GASP* X1600XT finally spotted in US etail

needmorecarnitine said:
First thing that came to mind was that you were going to link a Doom 3 benchmark

too bad the game is a turd

Even in HL2 its barely better than a 6600GT. It looks to be an irrelevant card when you can get a 6800nu for the same price.

yea that wasn't a comment on any videocard in particular more one on Doom 3 that you might have missed

needmorecarnitine said:
yea that wasn't a comment on any videocard in particular more one on Doom 3 that you might have missed

Doom 3 was lame, but at least it gave birth to Quake 2 and a half (plot of quake 2 and multiplayer of quake 3, can't really call it the 4th generation except in graphics)

That is a very underwhelming heatsink/fan.

I love how the power cable for the fan has to be routed across the card.

I'd buy it for the Black heatsink... or just peel off the Sapphire sticker on mine and paint it Flat Black.

robberbaron said:
Doom 3 was lame, but at least it gave birth to Quake 2 and a half (plot of quake 2 and multiplayer of quake 3, can't really call it the 4th generation except in graphics)

What?....

that heatsink should be copper, at least it is on the reference card

it is good to see the price well under MSRP, $249 would have just been way overpriced for this card, though the 6600 GT is still cheaper

Be nice if they decided to equip an X1600 Pro with 256MB GDDR2 memory and price it around $140. That would probably sell pretty well.

Brent_Justice said:
, $249 would have just been way overpriced for this card, though the 6600 GT is still cheaper

Yea but it's still a little faster than the 6600 gt. And when you did that review then the drivers were older.

Meh, if I were buying a card in this class, i'd just pony up the extra $30 for a 6800GS. As the saying goes... this card is to little to late.

robberbaron said:
Even in HL2 its barely better than a 6600GT. It looks to be an irrelevant card when you can get a 6800nu for the same price.

Um, what? Do you actually read the reviews or just look at the pretty graphs?

"With the ATI Radeon X1600 XT, we also found HQ AF and Adaptive AA to be very playable. We found that 1280x1024 with 2X AD AA and 16X HQ AF provided very good image quality and very playable performance. The image quality was much better than the BFGTech GeForce 6800 OC, which does not have a method to anti-alias alpha tested textures. Therefore, while the BFGTech GeForce 6800 OC and GeForce 6600 GT were playable at 1280x1024 with 2XAA/16XAF, the Radeon X1600 XT allowed a higher level of image quality thereby improving the gaming experience."

Netrat, you hit the nail on the head. There are no official drivers for the X1600 XT, but I'm sure that will be resolved very very soon.

Hm, i sold my 6800 on ebay, think im gonna pick one of these up to mess with

Back