Gateway FPD2185W 21" $427.49

Marvin_78

Limp Gawd
Circuit City has it on sale with an in cart price of $474.99, run a quick Google search and get 10% off (first result will work /momsview\ but be quick, it expires tomorrow 8/19). And the end price before tax is $427.49 if free shipping or pick up is selected. YMMV depending on location.

Screen size 21"
Maximum resolution 1680 x 1050
Brightness 300cd/m2
Contrast ratio 1000:1
Response time 8-millisecond
Viewing angle 178 horizontal/vertical
Dot pitch (mm) .27
Type of input Analog (15-pin mini d-sub VGA), digital (24-pin DVI-D), S-Video, Component video, Composite video

Yes, the Dell 2007WFP is cheaper right now but lacks the Component and s-vid inputs not to mention the response time so I bought this and thought I would share the 'savings'. lol

Yeah I got the same monitor. Bought it from Best Buy about 5 months ago and I love it. I paid $539 which was a great deal back then. This thing is a beauty.

totally bit for 2.each for 419$.argue a lil and they give it to u.took me 2 frekin hours.but god was it worth it!

This isn't really that hot unless you want something with S-Video, Component video, and Composite video. I got my Viewsonic VX2025WM 20.1" widescreen for $350.

My cousin got one at bestbuy also, I picked it out :) Pretty nice.

i got one too.. its a great lcd.. i even got the accidental plan on it for one of those oops moments when the new lcds come out

Citizen _insane said:
This isn't really that hot unless you want something with S-Video, Component video, and Composite video. I got my Viewsonic VX2025WM 20.1" widescreen for $350.

It's also bigger than the VX2025

Also uses a better panel and has a higher contrast ratio....but who is keeping track.

;)

does it matter wat kind of dvi cable i use? if i use an expensive dvi cable will it make a diff? can anyone link me to a decent priced dvi cable.cuz these monitors only came with vga cables.

DVI is digital, so any decently shielded cable will do just fine. The $12 ones on newegg do the job just fine.

As for the monitor...kickass. I don't think any of the Dells in the 2x" range have Component/S-Video/Composite. N64 to the Composite, PS2 and Gamecube (and soon to be Wii) to the Component, and computer (and soon to be PS3) to the DVI port = kickass.

Oh, and the stand is pretty sweet too. Effortless raising/lowering/tilting. Gonna get another one when I've got the cash. :)

Yeah, I'm lovin it. Part of the main reason I bought it was for the inputs, the other was the response time (taken with a grain of salt;).
Looks like the price is raised now though.

EdGaRRRRR said:
does it matter wat kind of dvi cable i use? if i use an expensive dvi cable will it make a diff? can anyone link me to a decent priced dvi cable.cuz these monitors only came with vga cables.

Opinions vary over in the display thread, I was running a normal DVI (single link) borrowed from my other display. Replaced it with a DVI-D (dual link) and didnt really notice a change.

Plus I love the Picture-In-Picture on this monitor. I have 2 PC's plugged into it, one via DVI and one via VGA and it's awesome to switch between them with a click of a button. I also plugged in a Hi-Def DVR from Time Warner into the Component Input and it looks awesome. I love this thing. Worth every penny.

Back