Gateway FPD2485W Just Died!

aeon

Limp Gawd
This morning the monitor was working just fine. I left the room for maybe 15 mins, came back and the screen was black. I thought my computer was just in sleep mode so I moved my mouse. Nothing happened, it was still black. Pressed a few keys on my keyboard, same thing still no display. During this time, the blue light is still on so it was getting power. I then restarted my computer and still nothing was showing. I pressed the power button and the light wouldn't change it stayed blue. I unplugged the power cable waited a few secs, plugged it back in and this time nothing came on at all. No blue light and display. I was late for work so I unplugged it again and left it like that.

Came home from work, plugged the power cable in and same thing. No power, no light. I went on Gateways website and chatted to one of the troubleshooter guys online. He wasn't very helpful at all.

So my warranty on this monitor is expired. Do I have a dead monitor? Should I open it and see if I can find anything wrong?

Try connecting the monitor to another computer, just to ensure that it is not the video controller..

Tim

The power light doesn't even light on anymore with the video plugged in or not.

Back