gateway hd2200,hd2400

wildman92

n00b
was at my local BB yesterday, they had the new HD2200 and HD2400 in boxes but not set up. Anyone see these in action yet?

Pros: Bright, crisp picture, color is decent, a plethora of input options let you use the monitor in a variety of ways
Cons: Slight backlight bleed, but not a deal breaker. Would have liked a composite and S-Video input

"I purchased this monitor to fulfill 2 roles: First to give me enough monitor real estate for video editing which I do professionally. Obviously for this use I need fairly accurate color representation and good video performance. This screen provided that. I have noticed little-to-no smearing and/or tearing due to the 5ms response time and the colors were easily calibrated to provide fairly true colors. The second role was that the monitor needed to have a variety of video inputs to function as my second TV when I wanted relax and watch a movie/TV show and/or play a video game that the wife was not interested in. It definitely has a good range, despite missing a composite and S-Video input (forced me to upgrade to HD... darn!).

The only bad thing I have noticed with the monitor is that all four edges show backlight bleeding. However, this could only be seen when watching a dark and/or letterboxed movie in a completely dark room at night. The bleed was nearly impossible to see even with a small desk lamp on (which I normally leave on), so it is by no means a deal breaker for me."

design w/ 3ms response time for flawless gaming and watching video/movies. Adjustable height, Angle and pivots for landscape and portrait style needs. All the inputs anyone can imagine from component, s-video, Vga, composite, Dvi & most importantly a HDMI input for HD devices like xbox 360, Ps3 or HD tv programming. it Beats the Dell 24" monitor in regards to input but at par w/ it in terms of video quality. only thing this dont have w/c is not a need for me are the built in memory card reader. I use this monitor for my pc for heavy surfing, Email, Heavy Gaming and my Xbox 360. i have no problems so far doing these duties. Highly reccomended in my BOOK. stop shopping around for a HD monitor this is the ONE!"

I like the HD2400. A bit different from the last 24" from Gateway since it's a TH panel. But it's great. No ghosting and the colors are great. The addition of the HDMI is awesome too. I recommend this monitor. I watched Transformers on HD with it and it was sick. I want to get a second one now.

I just purchased a FHD2400 from Circuit City tonight and have been using it for the last 3 hours. This is my first LCD, coming from a 19 inch NEC CRT monitor. I am very pleased and a definite step up from my old 3 year old CRT. I tried the UT3 demo tonight and I'm blown away from the way the game looks at 1920x1200. I wasn't even using the 3ms mode and there was no ghosting at all. The game ran as smooth as silk. Even the Crysis demo running at 1920x1200 looked amazing. The 22 inch version has the same glossy screen. It was too bright when I first turned it on though. I have my brightness turned down to zero and it's still fairly bright. I have no backlight bleeding or dead pixels. I'm very pleased so far.

Back