Gears of War PC Release Date Set

HardOCP News

[H] News
The store date for Gears of War PC is set and, along with a handful of exclusive screenshots, Shacknews has all http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=Mjg0MzMsLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE=the details.

The game will feature five new singleplayer chapters, a new "King of the Hill" multiplayer game mode, three new multiplayer maps, a game editor, and the first and last showdown with the infamous Brumak boss. Also included will be all of the Xbox 360 downloadable content released thus far, for a total of 19 multiplayer maps.

is it just me or is king of the Hill just a little too similar to Annex? What about a capture the flag or something

Wow. we've got GoW, UT3, Crysis, CoD 4, and the Supreme Commander expansion coming out in the first two weeks of November. It's going to be insane. All the game I've been looking forward to in the last two years all in a few weeks. Not to mention Hellgate London and Portal in October.

I am completely, wholeheartedly, underwhelmed by another console to PC port, I don't care how much they try and dance around that fact, no matter what the game.

SW: Republic Commando was the last straw.

i am mixed about ports...having re4 on pc was pretty cool...

GoW...i am happy its found its rightful place on pc, but xbox flagship games ported never end well...

not to mention the biggest issue with GoW....another 60 dollar game with roughly 6 hours of gameplay....yippie....

not to mention the biggest issue with GoW....another 60 dollar game with roughly 6 hours of gameplay....yippie....

I intensely dislike this commonplace idea of making a game for the console, all dumbed down (control-wise), and then porting it to the PC.

I find that console players (the ones I know at least) tend to have short attention spans and prefer instant gratification, therefore 6-10 hour games are appropriate for them. (tongue in cheek here).

When the publishers start to develop games for the PC FIRST, and then proceed to dumb them down (ie, the lowest common denominator) for the console later, I'll start buying again. Until then, I'll stick with my older games.

Back