GeForce 300.11 Driver

brachy33

Gawd
Looks like these are coming out today???! I noticed this blurb on the side of the drivers download page, but apparently not available 'yet' for download as of 9:37am CST...

"Latest GeForce Driver
Version: 300.11
Fri Jan 20, 2012"

Saw this posted on another forum... maybe it is a kepler driver :p (/end wishful speculation). Poster said link was non-working.
30012gf.png

Last edited:
hmm lets hope those drivers fix the 70C limit i have on my 8800GT's with the 290.53 drivers..

100mb? Kinda small, taking that the current 290 beta drivers have 195mb size

no not really.. the 290.53 are 155MB, 290.36 are 155MB, the 285.62 WHQL drivers are 107MB, the 280.26 WHQL drivers are 100MB.

but yeah most of them unpack to almost 200MB.

The latest beta drivers have been rock solid for me. Don't know if I want to switch when the next version comes out... argh... but I probably will.

Anyone have any idea what new things (if any) these drivers will offer?

It really seems like they have been slacking in the driver department. Nearly three months since an official driver release and still using betas for skyrim Ambient Occlusion support?

[F8];1038313483 said:
It really seems like they have been slacking in the driver department. Nearly three months since an official driver release and still using betas for skyrim Ambient Occlusion support?

WHQL isn't really anything meaningful for nvidia drivers, the beta's are basically nvidia's releases, while whql just means microsoft finally tested them (it takes ages to go through the process). There have been plenty of releases, though I've seen no need to use anything other than 295.18 myself.

[F8];1038313483 said:

I dunno, the last beta only came out a month ago, though the last WHQL was more like 3 months.

Seems like they are due for a new release, I agree. Though I've never had any problems with their beta drivers now or in the past (using them now).

While those betas do seem to be rock solid, it's pretty unusual for Nvidia (or ATI) not to have a new WHQL driver for so long.

I don't even pay attention to if their drivers are WHQL or not. When a new one is released I install it. I only consider WHQL they may do for major releases that they want to label as official, which I do not expect every single month. I feel that having quarterly or bi-annually WHQL drivers is acceptable, but monthly beta fixes for new games is an absolute must.

I don't even pay attention to if their drivers are WHQL or not. When a new one is released I install it. I only consider WHQL they may do for major releases that they want to label as official, which I do not expect every single month. I feel that having quarterly or bi-annually WHQL drivers is acceptable, but monthly beta fixes for new games is an absolute must.

I've had bad luck with betas myself but it's kind of silly that the last WHQL driver is still from October 24. I think I may move forward myself pretty soon, beta or not.

I've had bad luck with betas myself but it's kind of silly that the last WHQL driver is still from October 24. I think I may move forward myself pretty soon, beta or not.

The 290.53 Betas have been better for me than the last WHQL set was. Ultimately this is all my fault though. I bought my first nVidia card in 4 years because I was tired of ATi drivers, so I get a GTX 580 and they stop making drivers for it. :p

The 290.53 Betas have been better for me than the last WHQL set was. Ultimately this is all my fault though. I bought my first nVidia card in 4 years because I was tired of ATi drivers, so I get a GTX 580 and they stop making drivers for it. :p

I've heard a LOT of good things about those drivers. Screw it. I'm going to get 'em.

I've heard a LOT of good things about those drivers. Screw it. I'm going to get 'em.

good if you own a fermi card, they are crap if you own an older card.. still pisses me off that the 295.53 drivers crash anytime one of my 8800GT's hits 70C.

I don't have any stutter on metro with newest betas or newest WHQL

I haven't played Metro in a little while but I'll give it a try and see if I notice any new issues.

Back