GeForce 6800: no transparency in Aero?

Thud

Limp Gawd
It seems to me that a GF6800 should support all of the Aero features.

I have installed the nVidia forceware drivers that were just released, and I have the n'vidia tab in display properties now.

Mine is the PCI-E version of the 6800NU (Leadtek winfast) with 256MB display memory.

Everything looks good, 1600x1200x32, just no transparency and I can't find an option to enable it anywhere.

Anybody else seeing the same thing?

go to device manager and look to see if your display adapter says (LDDM) after it, If it doesnt then you probaly installed the wrong drivers. I used the newest nvidia drivers for vista and i do not have a nvidia tab in the advanced section of display properties.

make sure you downloaded these
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_75.03.html

Lowbatt said:
go to device manager and look to see if your display adapter says (LDDM) after it, If it doesnt then you probaly installed the wrong drivers. I used the newest nvidia drivers for vista and i do not have a nvidia tab in the advanced section of display properties.

make sure you downloaded these
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_75.03.html

Those are the ones I installed. After searching around a few different forums, I found out two things:

1) The alpha drivers released by nVidia are the same versions included on the Vista DVD

2) There are currently no LDDM drivers for the x64 version of Vista, for the 6x00 series of GPU's. :( The LDDM drivers only work for the 32-bit version.

Guess you should've installed the 32 bit version of Vista

edit: clarification for people who dont understand the obvious :rolleyes:

TheGamerZ said:
Guess you should've installed the 32 bit version of Vista

Where's the fun in that? I'd have all these extra unused bits floating around inside my A64.

Actually had I known this ahead of time, I would have installed the 32-bit version... depends on whether I want to go through another 3-hour install process.

Back