Geforce 6800NU @ 1280x728

iamtherat

Limp Gawd
just got the pny verto geforce 6800nu...and i cant run @ 1280x728 on my dell 2005fpw. use to be able to run it with my old ati card.

anyone know what the problem is, a way to fix it?

Gotta be more specific mate, what exactly is the problem.

Are there any drivers for your monitor? You could try installing them. Also, Nvidia has a custom resolution mode you could try. You can type in the exact resolution/refresh rate you want. I'm not exactly sure where it's located because I haven't had my geforce card for a while. You can do custom resolutions/refresh rates though. Look around for that in the drivers.

bboynitrous said:
Nvidia has a custom resolution mode you could try. You can type in the exact resolution/refresh rate you want. I'm not exactly sure where it's located because I haven't had my geforce card for a while. You can do custom resolutions/refresh rates though. Look around for that in the drivers.

I think you need coolbits(2.0) to activate it?

and DO install your monitor drivers.

ech3lon9 said:
Gotta be more specific mate, what exactly is the problem.

problem is the resolution is not listed. so i cant select it to run it at that res. drivers for monitor is already installed.

Sorry, i dont want to take over this topic of yours, but since i have almost similar prob, I would just ask this:

I have a Asus 6800'GT' (16/6, clocked @ 375/900MHz, 128MB DDR, 256bit), and when running CS:S on 1280x1024 on 2x AA in driver settings and 16xAF in game settings, I get FPS drop even to 2fps on outdoor maps, like de_dust. But, I can play HL2 on 1280x1024 with 4xAA in drivers, and 6xAA 16xAF in game, and i get newer lower then 40fps, not even on outdoor maps.

I got also 1gig of Kingston ram. Why the hell is CS:S souch pain in a butt?! As I know it Source engine in CS is not so detailed then HL2's.

There should be a section in your nvidia display properties called "Screen Resolutions & Refresh Rates" where you can manually add in whatever resolutions you want. I'm not sure if it's there by default or not, as I use Coolbits3d (don't remember the link, but you can google it).

The display I'm on is comparable to yours, a 20" Apple Widescreen, and that's what I had to do to get all the supported resolutions in.

ok did the adjustments in the display properties, but that only works for desktops it seems since it doesn't display that mod in half life 2.

i'll try the coolbits3d to see if it works for desktop AND games.

Back