GeForce 9800 GTX benchmarked (VR ZONE)

I'll make my decision on this card when it's actually released and [H]ard does their review.

I'll make my decision on this card when it's actually released and [H]ard does their review.

Victor Wang was the first one with 8800 GT benchmarks, I believe.

When the card came out, he was 100 percent accurate.

Crysis built in benchmark also not representative of real-world gameplay - http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQ2MSwsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0

With all due respect Brent, if you've played through Crysis a few times with a few different video cards, you know what 55 fps in the island gpu benchmark is gonna get you throughout the game.

Your point is well-taken for someone who has never played the game before.

Actually, 55 FPS on all high is a decent mark at that res., Even though people were hoping for much better.... I guess it depends on how much the 9800 GTX sells for.

Why wont any of these people who supposedly have a 9800GTX compare them USING THE SAME FREAKING SETUP to the 8800GTX/GTS so that we can get a real fucking comparison of the 2 cards. Is this just marketing hype so that we dont see that the 9800GTX is just an overhyped 8800GTS512?

Also, someone already made a thread linking to this last week.

it's not vrzone, its someone on the forums =p

they are from a Chinese forum the guy just posted it on vr do you not see the url in the bottom right corner of the pics the 9800 gtx crysis benchmarks are from the same chinese forum which were also posted by the same guy

That is a pretty sweet overclock on the 9800GTX though, you have to admit. I hope my GTS gets that high but who knows.

Nordichardware mentioned that VictorWang was able to OC the 9800GTX to 863 MHz core (28%) / 1323 MHz mem (20%) / 2160 MHz shaders (28%), but that doesn't say if it was using the stock cooler or if it was stable. That'd be a pretty impressive OC for stock cooling!

Unless it gets 60fps avg @ 1920x1080 in Crysis I don't care. The first card that does that has my money. Not cause Crysis is that great, but just cause the card that can do that is worth the money.

3dMark is an indicator of something, namely that this card is unimpressive. Just how unimpressive requires other forms of testing to determine.

Clearly you have not seen how high 3D Mark Scores the HD2900 XT cards get & how those cards in return did horrible in a majority of games compared to the 8800GTX/GTS. 3Dmark 06 should not be taken seriously at all anymore. A gimmick at best.

Unless it gets 60fps avg @ 1920x1080 in Crysis I don't care. The first card that does that has my money. Not cause Crysis is that great, but just cause the card that can do that is worth the money.

Haha good luck, it will take years before we can play the game from start till end on 60fps high res with AA and AF..out of the question today.

Haha good luck, it will take years before we can play the game from start till end on 60fps high res with AA and AF..out of the question today.
That's sad isn't it. I think nVidia should make it a priority to push the technology forward more quickly. I don't want to sit in a rut where software gets too far ahead of the hardware. It will hurt the PC gaming industry very badly.

Yeah like dx10 lol

Some AWESOME perf. increase with that wonderful Vista OS.

lolololololololololol

the whole shee-bang is in a cluster zone of wtf???

but my gtx sli works nice on cod4 so I do not care atm.

When do you guys think this card will be appearing on the market? Should i sell my 640MB now and buy the 512MB GTS or wait for the 9800GTX to come out.

I don't believe it. Nordichardware mentioned that VictorWang was able to OC the 9800GTX to 863 MHz core (28%) / 1323 MHz mem (20%) / 2160 MHz shaders (28%) and that doesn't even say if it was using the stock cooler or if it was stable. Being able to double that kind of OC with a stock 9800GTX is completely out the door.

What are you talking about?

Overclocked were 850MHz core / 1250 MHz mem / 2185 MHz shader

They didn't double VictorWang's OC, in fact they sort of confirm and fall in line with it....

When do you guys think this card will be appearing on the market? Should i sell my 640MB now and buy the 512MB GTS or wait for the 9800GTX to come out.
Wait until we see some real performance benchmarks of the 9xxx cards before you do anything.

How can people ignore this guy's outright racist remark. Is this what the [H] has become? I demand this guy be banned immediately.

i just assumed he was being sarcastic or something i agree there should be zero tolerance for this kind of stuff there is no way he was being serious but if he was wow thats so not cool

i just assumed he was being sarcastic or something i agree there should be zero tolerance for this kind of stuff there is no way he was being serious but if he was wow thats so not cool

Ugh, his comment was completely out of place. Sarcasm? In what way is his comment sarcastic and where does that fit into this thread?

How can people ignore this guy's outright racist remark. Is this what the [H] has become? I demand this guy be banned immediately.

I agree....

Just because a few Chinese put lead in baby's toys and use cardboard in pork dumplings, doesn't make them all bad.

I mean, so what if one of 'em...[or maybe more..hmmm(?)]...dressed up a video card to look like a 9800 GTX and photo-shopped false benchmarks just to tick off all the NV fanboys...it doesn't make it a global conspiracy by Chinese to undermine the American way of life, does it?

I say ban that racist pig.

oh jeeze, grow some balls, hes obviously either being sarcastic/joking, or isnt even worth responding to. it was *your* response that gave his any relevance, everyone else saw it fit to completely ignore him...

dont feed the trolls....

edit: referring to skunt

They have the card, why not do in-game benchmarks? Why tease us with a 3d mark? :p

I saw 'benchmark' in the thread title but all I see is screenshots of nothing.

3D Mark is a joke, so is Crysis GPU_Benchmark.

I think [H] needs a filter that prevents posting of any thread with 3D Mark in it.

I agree....

Just because a few Chinese put lead in baby's toys and use cardboard in pork dumplings, doesn't make them all bad.

I mean, so what if one of 'em...[or maybe more..hmmm(?)]...dressed up a video card to look like a 9800 GTX and photo-shopped false benchmarks just to tick off all the NV fanboys...it doesn't make it a global conspiracy by Chinese to undermine the American way of life, does it?

I say ban that racist pig.

You're basically justifying the other guy's comment because America imported unsafe toys from China and because of some false benchmarks. You think America hasn't manufactured any unsafe merchandise? There's tons of American websites that spreads bs videocard news as well. Sounds like you've got some hatred towards the Chinese.

You're basically justifying the other guy's comment because America imported unsafe toys from China and because of some false benchmarks. You think America hasn't manufactured any unsafe merchandise? There's tons of American websites that spreads bs videocard news as well. Sounds like you've got some hatred towards the Chinese.

dude he is the guy he obviously is a racist

You guys have no concept of sarcasm. The Chinese guy's benchies are legit. Period...end of story. If you like the new 9800 GTX....enjoy! If you don't, buy an 8800 GTS or an X2 and be happy.

There's no driver that's going to make it any better....there's no [H] review or any other review that's going to dispute much of what these benchmarks basically tell us.

It's a nice card...but it's not what we wanted.

I'd recommend you tell Kyle you will sue the [H] if he doesn't ban the guy. It will be better for all of us. :p

Jesus, grow a frickin' back bone...

I'll wait until [H] puts it through it's paces though. Sorry, I stopped playing 3DMark a looonnggg time ago.

Back