GeForce 9800 GX2 Launch Delayed Till 18th March

I thought the 9800GTX scored in the 14k? Now both the GX2 and the GTX with the same score..?

Delay.... It was only going to get to be King for 6 months as it was.

So the GTX and the GX2 score the same in 3DMark06....

This just gets better and better... :)

They should be priced very close then!!

my XFX 8800 GTX 768MB XXX Edition scores 14k in 3dmark06, so the new series offers no improvements?

my XFX 8800 GTX 768MB XXX Edition scores 14k in 3dmark06, so the new series offers no improvements?

I don't know why you'd think that. 3D Mark 06 performance doesn't equate to actual performance in games.

Fuck I hate 3D Mark.

I don't know why you'd think that. 3D Mark 06 performance doesn't equate to actual performance in games.

Fuck I hate 3D Mark.

True Dan, but often times 3D Mark overestimates a cards abilities, not underestimate. This is because it is designed to take advantage of the hardware to a fuller extent than do most games.

That said, real testing is best because 3DMark06 isn't very fun to play ;) Now we just need to get one of these cards into the hands of [H].

True Dan, but often times 3D Mark overestimates a cards abilities, not underestimate. This is because it is designed to take advantage of the hardware to a fuller extent than do most games.

That said, real testing is best because 3DMark06 isn't very fun to play ;) Now we just need to get one of these cards into the hands of [H].

3D Mark doesn't mean shit to me because it bases so much of the score on CPU power which we know is bullshit. Additionally cards like the ATI Radeon 2900XT which suck in real life score nicely in 3D Mark.

I don't trust it, don't like it, and think its' a shitty program that is too easily manipulated to acheive the desired results.

3D Mark doesn't mean shit to me because it bases so much of the score on CPU power which we know is bullshit. Additionally cards like the ATI Radeon 2900XT which suck in real life score nicely in 3D Mark.

I don't trust it, don't like it, and think its' a shitty program that is too easily manipulated to acheive the desired results.
I agree 100%, I could care less about 3DMark06, how's it perform in Crysis? Anyway, shit, does step-up start before the official release or do you have to wait? If so, I think I'm getting screwed (ends the 14th I believe). In that case, one less GX2 they will sell.

Sounds like a few of us are going to get screwed on stepup if it gets pushed back. Maybe russianhaxxor can help us out :)

god if you brought an 8800gtx back in november/december of 2006 that would quite possibly be the best money you could ever spend :p

The shrink to 55nm will boost the G92 to G92B before we see the real next gen released.

Got mine June 07 when I saw what I had waited for, (R600) wasn't what I'd hoped. :mad:
Still for me money well spent. Would love to upgrade but the 256bus can't hang max AF/AA at 1920x1200+.

How reputable is that site? My step up ends on the 19th!!

Any official news? Prices?

They suck, i dont consider them reputable at all, they tried to pass pictures of the reference G92 GTS card off as the new 9800 GTX and said it was bigger and longer and had HD output and blah blah blah...but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

QFTMFT.

god if you brought an 8800gtx back in november/december of 2006 that would quite possibly be the best money you could ever spend :p
I second that, big time. Almost to tempted to pick up a second GTX OC for the sell out price of 289 Euro and a 780i to go with that.

delay delay delay how long do I have to phuckin wait this sh1t

Cant we all just stop posting inquirer, fud, vrzone links? They want ad traffic and they generate it with ridiculous crap like this.

I bought both of mine back in November. That was some of the best money I've spent on my rig.

Cant we all just stop posting inquirer, fud, vrzone links? They want ad traffic and they generate it with ridiculous crap like this.

I am afraid that is all we have.

If nVidia has officially posponed the release, where is their PR dude letting us know....

Why do they force us to look at fudzilla to get any scrap of info....

Heck, if we didn't talk about the rumors, you wouldnt need the forum....

If we only posted fact about the 9800GTX, there would have been no posts at all for 18 months...

It is not our fault, it's the secretive nature of nVidia to blame here... Their PR rep sucks.

I am afraid that is all we have.

If nVidia has officially posponed the release, where is their PR dude letting us know....

Why do they force us to look at fudzilla to get any scrap of info....

Heck, if we didn't talk about the rumors, you wouldnt need the forum....

If we only posted fact about the 9800GTX, there would have been no posts at all for 18 months...

It is not our fault, it's the secretive nature of nVidia to blame here... Their PR rep sucks.

The thing is nVidia doesnt leave them any scraps, they make all this shit up to generate ad traffic and most of the time its complete bullshit. If we didnt talk about rumors, these forums would be alot more pleasant. Think about how much less arguing there would be over shit thats probably not even true in the first place.

nVidia's PR doesnt suck...it doesnt even exist. They are a company out to make money, not to please us, and by us, i mean the tiny shread of the population who needs raw power for high resolution gaming. They will milk G80/G92 for every single cent its worth since ATI cant bring anything better to the field.

So, we really dont have anything other than educated guesses/speculation, which most dumbasses online will turn into a rumor...the bs rumors from the INQ and fud count as nothing, given their track record. It might be true, it might not, but most of the time i would bet on not true.

Is it just my imagination or has the enquirer actually be correct the last couple of card releases?

The thing is nVidia doesnt leave them any scraps, they make all this shit up to generate ad traffic and most of the time its complete bullshit. If we didnt talk about rumors, these forums would be alot more pleasant. Think about how much less arguing there would be over shit thats probably not even true in the first place.

nVidia's PR doesnt suck...it doesnt even exist. They are a company out to make money, not to please us, and by us, i mean the tiny shread of the population who needs raw power for high resolution gaming. They will milk G80/G92 for every single cent its worth since ATI cant bring anything better to the field.

So, we really dont have anything other than educated guesses/speculation, which most dumbasses online will turn into a rumor...the bs rumors from the INQ and fud count as nothing, given their track record. It might be true, it might not, but most of the time i would bet on not true.

You make it out like making money, and satisfying customers are two entirly separate goals, like the choice is make money OR satisfy customers, that you can't possibly achieve both, Or that one is on conflict with the other.

Is it just my imagination or has the enquirer actually be correct the last couple of card releases?

And I remember expreview.com was the first to announce the 9800gx2 a very long time ago and everybody got pissed about quoting rumor sites and called BS, then said it would be an 8900, etc.

Sure enough...

I give them some credibility.

Yeah, correct on the last few Ati releases, Back last year they told us all about the 8900 series, told us how it would do 1 teraflop, and all that bs. Then I think they circulated th rumor like everyone else that G92 was also 1 teraflop. To be honest, they haven't 'producing' the bulk of rumors that they have in the past because their writing staff keeps leaving the inq, atleast the ones that could write.

And I remember expreview.com was the first to announce the 9800gx2 a very long time ago and everybody got pissed about quoting rumor sites and called BS, then said it would be an 8900, etc.

Sure enough...

I give them some credibility.
I do.... ;)

I bet their are correct on the delay too.

You make it out like making money, and satisfying customers are two entirly separate goals, like the choice is make money OR satisfy customers, that you can't possibly achieve both, Or that one is on conflict with the other.

They couldnt care less about the high end segment, which is what i said. All it is to them is bragging rights. As i said, their current high end is still king, 16 months later, with no impending competition...why would they release their new architecture that would cannibalize current G80/G92 sales?

And no, i did not make it out like that.

BTW, you never hurt MY feelings...

dude i at least know what im doing this spring break. Breaking My 8800gtx the fuck in once i get it, and then stepping up to a freaking 9800gx2. Sweet deal for 300 bones after rebate.

Back