GeForce Lan 4 Case mod contestants. (pics)

kuyaglen

[H]F Junkie
vid http://tmc.kuyaglen.com/lans/geforcelan4/geforce_lan_4_case_mods.wmv 16.1mb

1st Place:
gfl4_casemod_07.jpg

2nd Place:
gfl4_casemod_01.jpg

3rd Place:
gfl4_casemod_03.jpg

4th Place:
gfl4_casemod_02.jpg

The rest:
gfl4_casemod_04.jpg

gfl4_casemod_05.jpg

gfl4_casemod_06.jpg

gfl4_casemod_08.jpg

To tell you the truth, I don't find many of these very impressive lol... The only one that really stands out is the Mac Pro case one... But thats just because the case is so elegant.

I find the worklogs here to be much cooler :D

It just seems like a bunch of somewhat complicated watercooled computers. Not a whole lot of case modding going on.

uhhhm... So, cases with messy wires and relatively no ingenuity are rewarded as the best eh?

The TJ-09 and the one without any water cooling were both made by guys who work for Digital Storm. There was another one on the ground that was supposed to be kick ass but he wasn't allowed to enter it because his brother already had a rig on stage but I forgot which one.

Not impressed at all. These are all pretty much your basic stick in a window, watercooling system, and maybe a paintjob and call it a mod. The only original ones were the first two since they're custom, but the designs are still rather boring.

Not impressed at all. These are all pretty much your basic stick in a window, watercooling system, and maybe a paintjob and call it a mod. The only original ones were the first two since they're custom, but the designs are still rather boring.

I agree with everything said in this post.

+1 to that

It just seems like a bunch of somewhat complicated watercooled computers. Not a whole lot of case modding going on.
The most modding was done to the Mac case, and that is well enough doc'ed to be commonplace if you're willing to front the dough for a bare chassis.

-bZj

Not much of a contest really. Maybe they should have called it a pimp-off.

To tell you the truth, I don't find many of these very impressive lol... The only one that really stands out is the Mac Pro case one... But thats just because the case is so elegant.

I find the worklogs here to be much cooler :D

Dido, some cases with water cooling WOW, and 2nd place looks better then 1st place, the mac - been done a million times now so it rather old..

I dunno, these competitions used to have some awsome opriginal ideas, now it seems people think tossing some water cooling in their rig and some lights is some form of modding... what happened to creativity.

that coolermaster case is just..well boring.,

Those were OK and not worthy of awards....... I see WAY better cases on this forum.

Obviously cable managment wasn't part of the criteria......

no ati entries :D would've loved to have seen:

"and the winner, "modder XLX" with his liquid cooled CM stacker running four 3870s and insane case graphic!"

[i pulled modder XLX out of my head... sorry if theire is a real modder xlx :p]

Thank you all for the props and etc. I was really disappointed with the way the judging went. I consider, and most of the crowd from all the boos I heard regarding my placement, a case mod to be something out of the ordinary that you actually CHANGE about the system. I CHANGED a Mac G5 case into a PC (which apparently isn't all that original...). As far as I could tell the only things CHANGED about the other cases were overly excessive water cooling and ... thats about it, with the exception of the red one which had a nice car paint quality paint job, and the phase change one which wasn't even allowed in for some reason. (wut?)

Winners (I'm pretty sure) from GFL3:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/hermanbaggins/IMG_0011.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/hermanbaggins/IMG_0012-1.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/hermanbaggins/IMG_0013-1.jpg
WAY TO GO WINNERS! EXCELLENT MODS!

So, congrats to everyone else spending ridiculous amounts of money! yay! -__-
And for those who like it, I will post a Mod Log soon, there are some tid bits to finish, but I guess thats what log is for. :p

the PC in a mac has been done many times, but at least you had to do some actuall modifications to make it work.

True but, its a lan not exactly a case mod compatition. These are just guys that brought their pc's along to the lan and they so happened to be the best ones there.

True but, its a lan not exactly a case mod compatition. These are just guys that brought their pc's along to the lan and they so happened to be the best ones there.
Take a look at these from last year:

There have been some awesome mods brought to this LAN, just not this year I guess. When you look at the winners from this year and the cases in the post I quoted, this year's showing is pretty pathetic in comparison.

Sorry I'm no longer on the LAN circuit to bring in something original :D They probably don't count gold Macbook Pros as mods.

I really wish there were more scratch built custom mods but it seems to be dying off. :(

Sorry I'm no longer on the LAN circuit to bring in something original :D They probably don't count gold Macbook Pros as mods.

I really wish there were more scratch built custom mods but it seems to be dying off. :(

If I had the time and money and knowledge of a CNC machine, I think I could do some pretty kick ass scratch built cases. I decided a long time ago I don't want to buy any more cases, I'm just going to keep modding the ones I have or build new ones :D

Back