General consensus of Apollo v-cards?

dirtydr

Gawd
I was going to pony up to the Leadtek 6800GT to replace my 4200TI (also a Leadtek which still works great and will be headed back into the old dually once replaced :D ). It now looks like the hesitsation on the buy button has saved some time and hassle with the whole 'bad batch' problem.

Having said that, I noticed a pretty cheap Apollo 6800GT on neweggs site. Cant really find any reviews or benchmarks in english on these cards so that seems like a mark in the negative category.

Can anyone offer some first hand words of wisdom on the reliability/quality or lack thereof for Apollo's video cards?

whos?

(that just about sums it up)

if im going to drop some serious coin on a videocard I dont want some no name company whos not going to exist next year. Although odds are by the time a card dies ive already replaced it with something else, the cards always get passed down from my main machine to a secondary machine, so having a company who has good service and warranty is important to me.

I have an Apollo 9200 pro that I bough about 3 to 4 years now. It is a great card and have had no problems with it (like with overclocking) and it still works very well after a couple of experiments I had conducted using this card. I guess from my post you can atleast know that they have been around for more than 1 year.

My 6800NU is from Apollo. The heatsink is nice and beefy and the it has a blue LED light. Looks and feels solid. Also it unlocked/overclocked nicely.

Apollo has been around for quite a long time, i think its a safe bet.

Thanks for the reply's. I ended up going with the elsa for about $20 more.
Just didnt feel comfortable with Apollo only having been around a year or so. I know elsa has had their share of problems financially (like diamond) but my TI replaced an elsa tnt2 that was bulletproof.

dirtydr said:
Thanks for the reply's. I ended up going with the elsa for about $20 more.
Just didnt feel comfortable with Apollo only having been around a year or so. I know elsa has had their share of problems financially (like diamond) but my TI replaced an elsa tnt2 that was bulletproof.

apollo has been around for longer than that :)

bjornb17 said:
apollo has been around for longer than that :)

yah they just made cheap printers before :p

About APOLLO

APOLLO Consumer Products is a recognized world leader in producing affordable and stylish performance printers for the sub-$100 market. The company was established in January 1999 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of HP, the worldwide leader in the inkjet-imaging industry. APOLLO-branded products are powered by proven HP inkjet technology and provide consumers affordable, stylish solutions, starting with the ultra-low price P-1200 printer introduced in April 1999 and the Barbie printer in June 1999.

Please visit http://www.myapollo.com for more information about APOLLO

their website doesnt even work

Back