General gamer: how many calories can you intake in a single 24 hour period?

Read below, if you were me, would you make this bet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you wondering if this is part of the gaming topic: it is. My roommate is a World of Warcraft gamer and doesn't get out much other than walking to his classes. It didn't fit well in other topics so here it goes. I just need your input.

A roommate of mine is around 170 pounds and give or take around 5'10".

Today I suggested that he could not eat 10 boxes of girl scout cookies in 24 hours: 12000 calories total, 88 grams of sugar per box, etc... In particular it had to be one flavor "Samoa." I originally suggested 100 dollars and paying for the cookies if I lost (cookies being 4 dollars per box). He agreed and said he would pay for the cookies if he lost.

Right now, I'm just doing the math and trying to figure out if I should bet him or not.

Rules state it has to be 24 hour period of time and he can't throw up otherwise he is disqualified.

What do you guys think? Would you make the bet if you were me and do you think it's physically possible to eat that many calories of the same food in 24 hours?

Thanks!

10 boxes in a day eh? Hmm, one every 2.5 hours give or take 10 minutes... i'd take that bet and eat that crap!

I weigh 160 and I'm pretty sure I could do that. I can eat (surprisingly) a lot for my weight, but I exercise enough to justify it.

It's not like I'd enjoy it, but yes, I'm guessing I could do that. I wouldn't make the bet.

Those Samoas are death incarnate. I can hardly down more than a handful.

Not a fuckin' chance ;)

EDIT: This will be locked shortly, by the way.

I'd do it just to take your money. 24 hours is definitely no problem for those things.

Thanks for your guy's inputs...

I called the bet off.

Almost lost 100 bucks there (and 40 dollars worth of girl scout cookies!!!)

I highly doubt I could eat that many cookies, but I don't doubt there are many people that could.

You just have to change the rules a little.

1) He has to eat all 10 boxes in a single sitting one cookie right after the other.
2) You get to film it and the aftermath.
3) You can post the video anywhere you want.

Could you imagine puking up 10 boxes of Samoas. :eek:

10 boxes in one sitting absolutely no way anybody could do that, although putting that on film would be hilarious because he'd be puking it up after like the 5th box I'd say.

He was actually doubting he could eat that many boxes anyways, but since it was 100 bucks he was thinking he'd do anything for that much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back