general hardware posting guidelines

tisb0b

[H] Pirate
I think a posting guidelines for the general hardware forum needs to be setup because its drivin' me nuts when people asking for help on a new build, just provide links with no explanation of what each individual part is. They expect people to click on each individual link just to know what each part is. Its a small amount of effort on the posters part and once they do more people are likely to provide support.

That is why I ask for a posting guidelines to be setup so people know what is expected when asking for help on a new build in the General Hardware forum.

Hence general hardware. If they knew what they wanted they would go to other subforums and ask about their parts.

He's saying that it's bothersome when people post links to parts they're looking at without explaining what they are, which forces you to open every single link. I agree. It makes it very annoying when someone has a whole list of parts for their build and they make you open all ten or so links just to find out what the parts are so you can offer suggestions.

Zero82z said:
He's saying that it's bothersome when people post links to parts they're looking at without explaining what they are, which forces you to open every single link. I agree. It makes it very annoying when someone has a whole list of parts for their build and they make you open all ten or so links just to find out what the parts are so you can offer suggestions.

thankyou I knew someone would have to agree with me

There used to be a thread suggesting do's and don'ts in gen hardware but I think it died because it only made more work for the mods in that section.
Really if the whole click a link thing bothers you that much then the go back link is prolly your best option. ;)

It is what it is. If it bothers you, then don't read that forum. Surely there are plenty of others that are specific. And to note also, asking folks to follow guidelines is easy, making it happen is a whole other story.

Making stickies won't always help since not everyone read it anyway. A good suggestion is to ask the OP to explain what is in each link then let him edit. Another possibility is to use the back button and read the next topic like Mister X suggested. Personnally, if there is a big bunch of links and no indication of what each one point to, i skip or click 2-3 links at most.

Back