General SLI Question

Mh0user

Limp Gawd
i have a EVGA 256-P2-N567 7900GT KO Superclocked 256MB, PCI-E x16, Dual DVI. this card has since then been put into legacy. now i want to run the card in sli but i thought you had to have two of the same card. so my question is can i get a different brand 7900GT like BFG etc. and still have them work in SLI correctly?

Yes, just has to be the same core/ram type/amount, and it'll work fine regardless of brand. Clock speeds don't matter, but the faster card will downclock to meet the lower one. It's not likely to be cost-effective for you though, over an upgrade and selling your current card.

Yes, just has to be the same core/ram type/amount, and it'll work fine regardless of brand. Clock speeds don't matter, but the faster card will downclock to meet the lower one. It's not likely to be cost-effective for you though, over an upgrade and selling your current card.

what would you recommend. i want to be able to run a westy 37in in 1080p playing games like WoW, EQ2, Guildwars, and newer FPS's

8800GT 512 then... if the $280ish price is too much, wait for the frenzy on them to die down and grab one for $230-250ish at that point in a few weeks :).

8800GT 512 then... if the $280ish price is too much, wait for the frenzy on them to die down and grab one for $230-250ish at that point in a few weeks :).

well since you seem to know your stuff i have one more question what am2 board would you suggest

i've been looking at the msi k9n diamond for a a64 x2 4000+ that i happend to stumble apon in a hp i got for 40 bucks

any suggestions to a better board will be greatly appericated

well since you seem to know your stuff i have one more question what am2 board would you suggest

i've been looking at the msi k9n diamond for a a64 x2 4000+ that i happend to stumble apon in a hp i got for 40 bucks

any suggestions to a better board will be greatly appericated

On that topic, I'm going to have to let someone else answer, as I'm not familiar with the more recent boards for the AMD side of things right now :).

Nah, just haven't looked at the AMD stuff much since I went from an X2 S939 to a Core 2 a few ago.

yeah right now i'm still running my MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum think it is bout time to upgrade before i get left behind

Back