Genmay preview

chopsuwe

[H]ard|Gawd
Is Genmay ever going to be opened up for viewing so we can see if it is worth joining?

I know the fee $5 isn't much in the States but when you have to add in currency conversion and international transfer fees just to get the money into Paypal it comes to almost $40! That's about 3 hours pay here.

There's been a good number of previews, the most recent was maybe only a month ago... just hang tight and keep an eye out, it generally get's reported on the [H] when it is open.

We generally do them on the weekends, it is stickied on the frontpage of [H], there is an annoucement added to every subforum, and a sticky post here as well.

If Kyle is planning anything, he's probably going to make memorial day weekend a preview weekend.

ComputerBox34 said:
If Kyle is planning anything, he's probably going to make memorial day weekend a preview weekend.
Actually, after bugging Kyle about having more previews, he kinda gave me free reign with them. ;) I try to do one a month or so.

But the fact is that while some of you hardcore geeks may think a 3-day holiday weekend is perfect for spending some quality time chilling out with your PC, many others are going out of town or planning to do things with family, so I don't think Memorial Day weekend is a good time.

I think our last preview was for April Fool's, so I'll open it up tomorrow sometime. Since not everyone visits Help/Feedback to see a sticky here, what I did last time was temporarily replace the universal "Subscription Access" announcement to say we were having a preview. And Rich Tate has been great about giving us some front page pimpage in his weekend news. Thanks, Rich! :)

Lethal, just a thought here...

With the addition of the extra forums in Genmay, would it be a good idea to open Cars/Hobbies/WLWC/Soapbox as well? I know it's usually only top forum access, but I think a lot of people are interested to see what's still going on in there. I think a lot of people will be surprised to see somewhat of an improvement.

Either way, we promise not to scare them off....(much) :p

Oldie said:
Either way, we promise not to scare them off....(much) :p
Coat and tie are optional, but didn't Major make some rule about wearing pants? :p

Just don't go posting that chunky cameltoe chick pic, okay? ;)

Lethal said:
Coat and tie are optional, but didn't Major make some rule about wearing pants? :p

Just don't go posting that chunky cameltoe chick pic, okay? ;)

Well...I'll try, but it's kind of like a moth going into a flame. You know it's gonna be bad, but you're mesmerized none the less.... :cool:

Im not sure if this thread would be a thread to show off or run and hide from...but its hilarious either way.
this thread shows off our geeky way to deal with females, and should be a run and hide thread.
and this one shows off perverse nature.
I think genmay has it all...

I hate to break it to you, but unless you are already a subscriber, you won't be able to view the highlighted threads :p

I hate genmay previews, I think they should stop altogether. maybe 1 every 6 months.

Genmay changes during the previews, and everyone tries to show off. I think we would be better with out it, especially with all the people we recruited the other day.

just my opinion.

MajorDomo said:
I hate to break it to you, but unless you are already a subscriber, you won't be able to view the highlighted threads :p
that was the whole idea. To interest them enough to make them sub...who can resist descriptions like that? ;)

Woohoo now I can get those links in my thread! Thanks for the preview!!

Man there is some great stuff in there, exspecially the "do you use the backdoor" thread. Wish I had paypal!!!!!!!!!

LadyMakoFox said:
If you don't subscribe I may have to date you!

You have been warned :p

I just saw your thread, and well...Im a little scared now...I might just subscribe.

Lethal said:
...so I don't think Memorial Day weekend is a good time.

Not to mention that the rest of us who live outside the US don't know what Memorial Day is let alone when it is.

... so I'll open it up tomorrow sometime....

I swear you need to be psychic or just plain lucky to hit one of these days, especially for those of us who don't come here every day. :( So when is the next one? :confused:

Back