Genmay preview?

jebo_4jc

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2011
I've heard about them happening before, though I don't believe it has happened since I've been here. I would like to know what it's all about. Any chance there is another preview in the works?

Previews are unscheduled events and are announced on the front page from time to time. They will continue, but you have to keep visiting the front page to know when the next one will take place. If you are really curious and want some extra perks, pay $5 bucks and signup for a year. Cheaper than a meal at McDonald's and it won't clog your arteries :D

MajorDomo said:
Previews are unscheduled events and are announced on the front page from time to time. They will continue, but you have to keep visiting the front page to know when the next one will take place. If you are really curious and want some extra perks, pay $5 bucks and signup for a year. Cheaper than a meal at McDonald's and it won't clog your arteries :D

They had a free weekend preview for viewing the Genmay forum a few weeks ago, didn't they?

Komataguri said:
They had a free weekend preview for viewing the Genmay forum a few weeks ago, didn't they?
That's possible. Unfortunately I can't browse the forums much on weekends at all.

Yeah, I think it was 2-3 weeks ago that GenMay was opened up for viewing. We cleaned the carpets and repainted the walls and everyone there was wearing a tie to impress the visitors :D

Komataguri said:

MajorDomo said:
Cheaper than a meal at McDonald's and it won't clog your arteries :D

It might not clog your arteries but whose to say what possible effect it has on your brain cells.

Why wait? We have about 650 members already and the conversations are...umm....interesting...... plus the extra perks and a place to post just about anything without getting busted. There are three moderators, all of whom are Admins and all were moderators of the original General Mayhem, so moderation is at a minimum. It's a good deal @ $5 for a year or even better @ $15 forever....like I said, why wait? :cool:

MajorDomo said:
Yeah, I think it was 2-3 weeks ago that GenMay was opened up for viewing. We cleaned the carpets and repainted the walls and everyone there was wearing a tie to impress the visitors :D
Even Lethal? :eek:

GenMay is great. I got it for free, as one of the perks for assuming moderator responsibility (well, I guess it wasn't free then) but it's a lot of fun. Get advice/chill out talking about most anything, engage in stimulating debate on the SoapBox, get a good laugh or learn something in WLWC. Adds quite a bit to the [H] experience. The WAG, Three Word Story, and TPBM thread are also good for your postcount ;)
Code:
User Name  	Posts
MajorDomo 	1919
Ice Czar 	1871
p[H]ant0m 	1173
MaMMa 	        1098
Penguincomp 	986
spugnor 	975
SmokeRngs 	897
BillLeeLee 	626
Chris626 	618
Those are just the ones with over 500 posts in one thread, Word Association Game.

Komataguri said:
30 years is not a life time. :p
IIRC 30 years is the max vbulletin will allow you to specify. Allthough I reckon it will probably be extended in another 25 years or so (if the [H] is still around then). :D

Hmm, I paid for it and posted a while back. Now it's gone. Guess I need to clear my cookie?

typhoon43 said:
Hmm, I paid for it and posted a while back. Now it's gone. Guess I need to clear my cookie?
The control panel is showing that you had a one-year subscription that expired 6-24-05.

When did paying for General Mayhem take place....this is my first post in ages....

GenMay was discontinued three years ago due to massive idiocy. Kyle decided to make a new GenMay when the forum was rebuilt that was suscriber based to keep out the trouble makers. All it took was a five dollar subscription to thin the herd and so far (15 months) we have had almost a perfect record (about 99.999%) of good clean fun.

GenMay is kinda like a party in your pants.... but 650 people are invited :p :eek:

Definitely worth the $5/$15!

If you want a preview of what Genmay looks like right now just read the headlines at cnn.com. :p

Not really worth it. We always have to dress up, play nice, act the good folks when some n00b wants to join up. It's a trap I tell you. I'm serious, you are selling your soul to the devil in short order.

^^ All but two of his last 15 posts have been in GenMay, and that includes the one above mine. I think he's addicted. I think addiction is the trap ;)

yea i know the history of general mayhem here...i was here.

Wasnt there a promo where members of a certain join date where let in for free? I guess i missed it...oh well. I joined genmay.com a day or two after it went up (and realized that [h] genmay was gone for good..and have been there ever since)

So there are retarded posts..who cares? Its General Mayhem

:D

Zxcs said:
IIRC 30 years is the max vbulletin will allow you to specify. Allthough I reckon it will probably be extended in another 25 years or so (if the [H] is still around then). :D
Its not a vBulletin limitation, but the current limitations of vBulletin and many billing systems are because of 4 bit unsigned integers, which can only represent time up until 2038.

M11 said:
Its not a vBulletin limitation, but the current limitations of vBulletin and many billing systems are because of 4 bit unsigned integers, which can only represent time up until 2038.

Great....

y2.038k
:p

nweibley said:

Great....

y2.038k
:p
Anyone using 4 bit integers to represent time in 2038 deserves some downtime as part of an idiot tax :p

Back