Gentoo on 600m

KevC

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey.

I figured instead of moving to an iBook, I'd try Gentoo on my 600m first. Anyone have this or any other linux distro on their 600m? Thoughts? is the Intel 2100 still not compatible?

Kevin

the 2100 wireless set worked for me with ndiswrapper. (i'm on a T40, but the wireless chipset for the 600 is the same isnt it?)

lots of peeps run linux on 600m's i'm debating that as an upgrade to my t22 if i can't afford the t42 i *really* want.

I think a driver is in the works for the centrino wireless, but I haven't checked on it in awhile. You can find it pretty easy on sourceforge.net or google.

you may be able to use the ndiswrapper to get the wireless to work if there is no driver for it....

ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net

i use this to get my broadcom 54g card to work under linux.

I alright I followed ndiswrapper's instructions to the t, and I can't get it to work :( I did everything it said, even change my /etc/modules to have it load on bootup. It doesn't seem like it's working... I unplug my ethernet cable and the internet connection just dies.

Alright.
lspci shows me my 2100 3B fine.
However, when I do ndisrwapper -l, it lists w70n501 but does no say "Hardware Present"
When I do dmesg, I can't find wlan0.

Help..!

Back