Georgia Tech Racing Team Converts Audi To Electric/Solar

HardOCP News

[H] News
One of our very own forum members also happens to be part of the Solar Jackets, Georgia Tech’s solar racing team. The team has converted an Audi TT into a solar-assisted electric car that is the feature of this Wired article. Thanks to [H] forum member ‘metril’ and the entire Solar Jackets team for their hard work on such a kick ass, earth friendly car.

Members of the Georgia Tech Solar Jackets yanked the engine out of an Audi TT and replaced it with a solar-electric drivetrain that offers a 70-mile range and retains the TT’s all-wheel drive. They call the car a solar-assist electric vehicle. We call it cool.

Out of all the cars out there, they chose an Audi TT.....

:eek:

I was one of the founding members of the Solar Jackets! This is way cooler than anything we did back when I was on the team, however. :D

dude, i rather have 70 miles on a zippy 4wd car than 200 miles on some crammed unintersting electric thing on 4 wheels that people dare to call a car.:rolleyes:

somebody do this for a cobra or a supra and I'll MAYBE think about saving the earth (maybe)

Wooot! This is not propaganda for Woot.com. I am merely expressing my unhindered excitement brought by the onset of caffeine, sugar, and pure [H].

Back