German Lawmakers Vote To Ban Internal Combustion Engine

Yes, I am not disputing you. I am simply implying that we can DO IT if we put our minds to the challenge. Once again, we have the resources here in America. Every country doesn't have those resources like America does.

You dont have the resources and even for those you have, some are not in the amount you need. And you forget the price they will cost. In short, from a goods perspective, you will have an increased difference between rich and poor. And nothing is going to help you there. This is just how the world works.

You do know coffee doesn't grow in the US right?

You missed a post...synthetic. It may not be coffee 100%. Just implying that we can remove our dogma thinking and expand into the area of meeting the challenge. America touched the moon, took us least a decade to do it. It was a challenge and we met the challenge!

You dont have the resources and even for those you have, some are not in the amount you need. And you forget the price they will cost. In short, from a goods perspective, you will have an increased difference between rich and poor. And nothing is going to help you there. This is just how the world works.

Yes, money is based on illusion period! Why do they want electronic financial transactions? You can print up unlimited amount of money without incurring inflation. You can't do what with physical paper money without something backing it up, like oil, gold or valuable items.

Money is an illusion.

Yes, money is based on illusion period! Why do they want electronic financial transactions? You can print up unlimited amount of money without incurring inflation. You can't do what with physical paper money without something backing it up, like oil, gold or valuable items.

Money is an illusion.

You are shifting the goalpost.

My bad, you are right. I forgot Hawaii. Stupid island.

Anyway, Hawaii just needs to increase it's coffee production from about 7M lbs per year to 3B lbs per year and we're set. No problem!

Its enough Coffee for the rich ;)

Anyway, Hawaii just needs to increase it's coffee production from about 7M lbs per year to 3B lbs per year and we're set. No problem!

It is dogma thinking that is holding our wings back.

soaring-eagle.jpg

If we include territories the numbers go up really quickly too. It worked for the British Empire right?

No, I am not moving the goal post. Think harder, money is an illusion perceived value due to everyone agreeing it is valuable. What about stocks? Isn't that similar?

You imagine someone will give you things cheaper because that's what your entire case is build on.

The same report where you got your year quote states that people purchased 42% more cars than they scrapped that same year, and most of those were new. Cars are on the road longer because they are made better. Even a crappy car by today's standards are more reliable than cars from 20 years ago.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. My point is that the average age of American cars owned are increasing, and the tangent of illegals pouring in from central/south America purchasing really cheap beater trucks breaking down during rush hour and backing up traffic are obviously a minority of cars on the road. But it only takes 1/1000 cars to break down in a lane to back up traffic considerably when you have 500K vehicles on the roads, and every time you see it, its generally a really old pickup truck from a poor guy with rare exception. So to sum up, Americans are finding it harder and harder to afford new cars already, yet alone electric cars, and especially if we can't stop the import of poverty from latin America as they most certainly aren't going to be buying Teslas.

and we finally move closer to the Tron Light Cycle!!!!! Hell Yeah!

Batteries are dirty to make because of all the mining / minerals needed and electricity still mostly comes from plants running on nat-gas and coal. Nuclear obviously has it's own set of dangers.... the fuel isn't that hard to get, but storing the used up fuel is a true problem. Fuel cells use a lot of very expensive metals to make them work and you don't get nearly enough hours of usefulness out of them for what they cost. Heck, even the catalytic converters on our existing cars are expensive as hell because they have to use platinum, palladium, gold, etc. to make them out of.

Hopefully cheaper / more efficient batteries and some way of mitigating most of the power plant emissions is found. Because without those breakthroughs, I don't see an end to big oil anytime soon.

Fast reactors can extract 10 to 20 times more power from the same fuel than traditional reactors, and the wastes are much less radioactive and decay much more rapidly (decades/centuries instead of millenia). They are also capable of using our current stockpile of nuclear waste as well.

America has been importing entirely too many third-world low IQ immigrants. You can not educate somebody beyond his IQ, which is mostly determined by genetic factors.

That's straight up fascist talk.

Even if it were true it would STILL be devastating under the right circumstances. Diversified gene-pool, much like with the economy, may not guarantee anything but it gives you a much larger chance of survival if/when something goes terribly wrong. And eventually things do go wrong.

You imagine someone will give you things cheaper because that's what your entire case is build on.

Why would my case be built on something cheaper?

If America is a self-reliant nation that lacks nothing, in fact it would be other nations needing trade with America. Look at China, $400 billion dollar trade deficit? OMG! Kick China to the curb and close our business with China. We need to learn how to flip it on the Chinese and tell them to stuff the trade imbalance!

Why would my case be built on something cheaper?

If America is a self-reliant nation that lacks nothing, in fact it would be other nations needing trade with America. Look at China, $400 billion dollar trade deficit? OMG! Kick China to the curb and close our business with China. We need to learn how to flip it on the Chinese and tell them to stuff the trade imbalance!

But we don't want to mine minerals and harvest crops. We want to sit in cubicles and bitch about the state of things collecting a check. That is why we wont be self sufficient. You want to progress as a country, you import raw materials and you use these to invent technologies and machines to make work easier. You aren't the country with the shovel, nor the country driving the bulldozer. You want to be the country developing better bulldozers.

I get what you are saying, you miss my point. We didn't have nearly 100 million unemployed or 50 million needing food stamps. After WW2, we were able to pay our debt down quickly over a few decades. There doesn't seem to be a path to pay off the debt without massively finding a way to expand the economy. The current joe blow sitting in the white house added a cool $9 trillion to our debt. The former joe blow went onto a global conquest and added the debt to a credit card. It just seems that every President since 1960 has been shit by adding problems to our economy in every way. Where is the balance and using common sense to handle our affairs in a responsible manner? In my household, I have to be responsible and pay my bills/manage debt responsibility. (Mortgage) Our Government is not trying to solve problems, but to add more problems to overwhelm the system.

This is what I am noticing from various angles, it is being done on purpose.
Well I wouldn't say it's quite that simple, but we've basically surrendered to neoliberal economic policies, which have landed us into most of what you're describing. I would even argue most people in government since then haven't intentionally tried to add to the problems, but rather are delusional and don't understand or believe how they're harming things.

What statistics? All I see is a title behind a far left-wing site paywall. How about these statistics that show massively crime wave from migrants, particularly in aggravated assault, robberies, and sexual assaults: STATS: Migrants Committing Disproportionately High Crime In Germany, Media/Govt Focus on 'Far Right' Thought Crimes
So the wall street journal is considered a far left wing site now? If their views are left wing, pray tell, what's the difference between their economic views and a far right wing site?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. My point is that the average age of American cars owned are increasing, and the tangent of illegals pouring in from central/south America purchasing really cheap beater trucks breaking down during rush hour and backing up traffic are obviously a minority of cars on the road. But it only takes 1/1000 cars to break down in a lane to back up traffic considerably when you have 500K vehicles on the roads, and every time you see it, its generally a really old pickup truck from a poor guy with rare exception. So to sum up, Americans are finding it harder and harder to afford new cars already, yet alone electric cars, and especially if we can't stop the import of poverty from latin America as they most certainly aren't going to be buying Teslas.
Yeah, so many people don't get this. If we wait for oil prices to rise where electric vehicles start to look more attractive, then the economy has slowed down so much people can't afford to transition to that new infrastructure and we end up stuck in the mud.

That's straight up fascist talk.

Facts aren't "fascist" talk. I don't think you know what the word fascism means.

IQ is mostly genetic and a person can not be educated beyond it any more than you could take an average person and turn him into an Olympic athlete with the right amount of training.

People adopt new technologies when that technology is superior to existing technology. People switched to automobiles because you could travel far further and faster than you could with a horse drawn carriage, and you didn't need a stable and food and scooping horse poop and the like for your horses. ICE offers superior performance for your dollars and greater convenience, so its a regressive step.

Whene electric is cheaper, further range, and more convenient than gasoline engines, of course people will naturally migrate because it would represent a superior, rather than inferior, technology.

How dare you use common sense.
Don't you under stand the leftist mindset: You are too stupid to make your own choices and only they know what is best for everyone.
Ignore the higher cost, ignore lack of freedom of choice, ignore that all these solutions are destroying the middle class and making the poor homeless.

I could get by with an electric car (100 mile range) for 85% of my travel. Increase that to a 200 mile range and it would cover 90% of my travel, but what am I supposed to do the other 10-15% of the time? This also ignores the other compromises with electric cars such as no spare tire (I'll never buy a car without a spare tire).
What I do drive is a hybrid. Even around town I can get 600 miles on a tank of gas, and even more on the highway. Plus it's a mid size car with 200 HP, not some tiny little box/toy.

But we don't want to mine minerals and harvest crops. We want to sit in cubicles and bitch about the state of things collecting a check. That is why we wont be self sufficient. You want to progress as a country, you import raw materials and you use these to invent technologies and machines to make work easier. You aren't the country with the shovel, nor the country driving the bulldozer. You want to be the country developing better bulldozers.

This is why we lose, because we are not willing to do everything that is needed to be self-reliant.

The point was, Americans are buying new cars in record numbers, they are just also keeping the older ones too. If you want to stop Mexicans from bringing beaters, then get Texas to institute MOT before they can bring the beater over.

Fast reactors can extract 10 to 20 times more power from the same fuel than traditional reactors, and the wastes are much less radioactive and decay much more rapidly (decades/centuries instead of millenia). They are also capable of using our current stockpile of nuclear waste as well.

It's my understanding that fast reactors are a lot more expensive to build and that their fuel is farther down the road towards being able to be weaponized. Definitely something to look at, but there are obviously concerns as well. I do know that there are a few breeder reactors currently in use in the world. I don't know how economical they've been or what kind of safety records they've had so far though.

I get what you are saying, you miss my point. We didn't have nearly 100 million unemployed or 50 million needing food stamps. After WW2, we were able to pay our debt down quickly over a few decades. There doesn't seem to be a path to pay off the debt without massively finding a way to expand the economy. The current joe blow sitting in the white house added a cool $9 trillion to our debt. The former joe blow went onto a global conquest and added the debt to a credit card. It just seems that every President since 1960 has been shit by adding problems to our economy in every way. Where is the balance and using common sense to handle our affairs in a responsible manner? In my household, I have to be responsible and pay my bills/manage debt responsibility. (Mortgage) Our Government is not trying to solve problems, but to add more problems to overwhelm the system.

This is what I am noticing from various angles, it is being done on purpose.

Where are you getting that "100 million unemployed" from?

America has been importing entirely too many third-world low IQ immigrants. You can not educate somebody beyond his IQ, which is mostly determined by genetic factors.

The average IQ of America has gone down quite rapidly, to the point that America is below the world average (100). No amount of education can change that.

So we've got eugenics and the NWO so far, I've almost got my wacko bingo card filled out.

I see this a lot but don't get it. We do a shitload of harvesting crops - it's just automated. Compared to 1950, farms produce ~260% more food with 2% less inputs (labor, seed, fertilizer, etc).

Same with manufacturing - US manufacturing has doubled since 1984, but it's mostly automated so it uses a fraction of the jobs. (Think nothing is made in America? Output has doubled in three decades)

Where are you getting that "100 million unemployed" from?

I don't have the actual numbers but can provide the links. Unemployment in America in % has exceed the great depression % of the 1930's!

What We Know About the 92 Million Americans Who Aren’t in the Labor Force

94,044,000 Americans Not in the Labor Force - Breitbart

Are 90 million Americans not working or not looking for work?

Doesn't matter where you look, there is bias everywhere. Typically left lending articles protects Obama from looking horrible. Typically right lending articles are out for blood and mayhem! The bias is so horrible and I haven't found the actual truth 100%. I know for sure it is over 70 million americans looking for work. We have exceed the actual unemployment % of the great depression of the 1930's. The Government loves to state 5% unemployment and typically lies to the American public on a daily basis. I no longer trust uncle sam's resources.

So we've got eugenics and the NWO so far, I've almost got my wacko bingo card filled out.

I see this a lot but don't get it. We do a shitload of harvesting crops - it's just automated. Compared to 1950, farms produce ~260% more food with 2% less inputs (labor, seed, fertilizer, etc).

Same with manufacturing - US manufacturing has doubled since 1984, but it's mostly automated so it uses a fraction of the jobs. (Think nothing is made in America? Output has doubled in three decades)

Interesting read, thank you.

Although now it does make a lot of sense of the resilience to electric in USA. A good sized chunk of manufacturing revenue comes from IC based vehicles.

the U.S. exports a lot of manufactured goods: $1.3 trillion worth in 2015. Last year, the leading exported manufactured good was civilian airplanes worth $63 billion, followed by auto parts ($58 billion), pharmaceuticals ($55 billion), autos ($55 billion), and gasoline, diesel and other refined oil distillates ($46 billion).

I'll be the first to admit that I don't have concrete numbers to back up my supposition, but isn't it possible that our overall consumption has far out-paced the harvesting of crops/manufacturing of products on a PER CAPITA basis?

I could get by with an electric car (100 mile range) for 85% of my travel. Increase that to a 200 mile range and it would cover 90% of my travel, but what am I supposed to do the other 10-15% of the time?
Do what all the other rich people buying Tesla's do, and just use your Porsche Panemara instead for those trips.

To be honest they could have added in a small get out clause that said ICE's could still be manufactured for cars as long as they were limited to 1000-1200cc or less. 1000cc with a nice modern turbo arrangement would get most folks around nicely.

Merkels government is a total trainwreck. They let ideology go ahead of common sense and they hurt the country. Best example being the policy towards refugees - the whole country is in chaos with the terror they bring.

Yes, our economy is breaking down, we are all poor and starving... oh wait. We are not. We have social security, healthcare for everyone, good public transports and most important.... the best beer in the world. Oh, and we are 3rd in exports after China and the US. Not too bad for 82 million people. The only chaos is in the head of some people, mostly outside of Germany.

Reactions: dgz
like this
I live in the southwest.
For long distance travels we use the ICE or TGV train.
Heidelberg -> Hamburg train 4:48 car 5:25.
Heidelberg -> Paris train 3:35 car 5:14
Thank you for the point of view of someone who lives there, for someone who doesn't have the 'mericuh mentality that you MUST drive everywhere because even if it's not needed it's more important to have the option. Most people don't realize that cities in the US were built around road traffic and as the "suburb" was born, it was built around the automobile, so they just can not fathom a place in the world where cars are not needed on a daily basis.

Gentlemen, you don't get it? This is all about UN agenda 2030. Global Governance up all of our anuses, while our GOD given rights are modified into privileges! We are hated and viewed like sheep, I really wish you folks would see that besides arguing among yourselves. The few ultra rich elitists have too much power to control the global agenda.

The American election of 2016 is about submitting to a Global Governance or keeping our National Sovereignty. See what it really is and stop looking into the weeds.
1992 is calling you and it wants it's flannel shirt back.

Trains are almost never faster unless you live at the train station, are staying at the train station your traveling to and always want to leave at the exact same time the train is leaving.

Take for instance one of the largest tourist attractions in Europe, Disneyland Paris. I can load the kids and all of our stuff up into the car and it's a 4 and half hour drive until I pull up at Disney's Newport Bay Club. To take a train I'd either need to cab or walk to the train station, transfer my luggage and family to the train, then spend 6 and half hours on 5 different trains and then walk or cab it from Gare de Marne la Vallée Chessy station to the hotel kids and luggage in tow.
Someone already posted times to major cities from areas that covered the scenario that Yeu mentioned. Trust me. I've driven from Italy through France and watched how the train would stop and then pass us up for miles, before ultimately passing us for good.

I've ridden the trains in the EU and they're fine...I've also driven in the EU from Italy to France, by way of Germany and Austria, and watched the trains pass us by.

We just handed control of the internet to the UN. There are many examples, you just have to look how Globalist are controlling America. Look at NAFTA, how did that benefit America? Congress want to surrender to TPP which is like NAFTA on steroids? Why is our industry base being gutted out and replaced with poverty? Why are we accumulating excessive debt, knowing the debt bubble is bringing us to teething doom of financial epic. If you can't understand some of these simple statement, then I fail to show you. Frankly, I do not want to type up endless of examples....if you do not know any of these simple statements, I am wasting my time with you. We are 20 trillion dollars in debt, if it pops our monetary system goes down.

G20 would be a good start on how they conduct Global Governance.
NAFTA was a wash by almost every measure. Not a ringing endorsement, by any means, but it's not the job killer that the wingnuts, on both sides, say it is. China is where the jobs largely went. Debt, is a separate issue from free trade and until the right is willing to pass tons of tax increases and the left is willing to cut spending, nothing will change.

Someone already posted times to major cities from areas that covered the scenario that Yeu mentioned. Trust me. I've driven from Italy through France and watched how the train would stop and then pass us up for miles, before ultimately passing us for good.

I've ridden the trains in the EU and they're fine...I've also driven in the EU from Italy to France, by way of Germany and Austria, and watched the trains pass us by.

Yes and the trips they posted were train station to train station times, not including any times getting to the station or to their destination from the station. The "scenario" I mentioned is a trip I've already taken 5 times this past year because I have annual passes at Disneyland Paris, I'm intimately familiar with traveling around Germany and the rest of Europe since I live here. I rarely take the train even though the station is within walking distance, it's easier and more convenient to travel by car.

Back