Get $150 off a new PS3 when you apply for a VISA card through Sony

mryerse

2[H]4U
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gateway/?offerlink=sr150nowps3

Or you can use an existing playstation cc to get the discount if you have one.

I hope nobody ends up in majoy cc debt as a result of this, but if you don't use it for anything else it's a pretty good deal.

Reduced pricing based on purchase of PS3 at the $399 MSRP for 80GB or $499 MSRP for 160GB. Final delivery price is $284 for 80GB and $389 for 160GB.

Edit - Also buy one blue ray movie and get one free.

I bit. I was looking for a second PS3 and $283.50 (shipped) was too good to turn down.

It's a good deal, but stop using the card after this. The Sony Rewards point system is not that impressive compared to other rewards programs based on cash-back.

Agreed. I bought a fridge at sears once and got like half off due to a combined sale, rebate, and discount for signing up with their CC. I never used their card again, and the fridge has served me well for 3 years now.

Damn.. I'm 19 and just got my first CC to start building my credit history, through a secured CC in my bank.

This could be a great way to start it.. but I think I'm burnt out of gaming :( I've always been a fan of PlayStation though.. dang, I don't know if I should do this or not

good deal!
shipping is way overpriced though..
anyone got theirs shipped yet?

just so you know, not worth it unless you never use the card and there are no monthly/yearly fees and penalties for not using.

It's a good deal, but stop using the card after this. The Sony Rewards point system is not that impressive compared to other rewards programs based on cash-back.

i got in on this deal last time, and i've been using the sony visa card ever since. i don't see how you can say its not impressive when i've been getting 3X points, all the free blockbuster movies i can watch, AND $75 cash back every month.

Well... it was more just basic credit advice... if you're paying it off at the end of each month I'm sure it's a good deal. But if not, the interest kills the value. It is impressive... I am the OP ;)

i got in on this deal last time, and i've been using the sony visa card ever since. i don't see how you can say its not impressive when i've been getting 3X points, all the free blockbuster movies i can watch, AND $75 cash back every month.

how do you get so much?

Well... it was more just basic credit advice... if you're paying it off at the end of each month I'm sure it's a good deal. But if not, the interest kills the value. It is impressive... I am the OP ;)

aah, good point. yep, high interest rates, and i agree with you completely. i pay mine off every month, and use it for all of my bills, purchases, etc, so its worth it in my case.

how do you get so much?

they just keep emailing me offers and let me stack them. i'm getting 3-5% back every month in cash/points, so it is definitely competitive with other cards (ref: http://www.creditcards.com/).

my only complaint (and since i'm getting great cashback, i don't have much room to complain), is that i don't really get any special prices or financing on sony products. you've got to have a sony store card for that.

Back