Get a 24" Benq FP241W LCD or save for a 30" Benq FP301W?

Would you get a 24" Benq FP241W or a 30" Benq FP301W?

• Total voters
Just like the title says, i will be in the market for a new monitor this fall. I want to get something that will last me for a while, serve as primary multimedia display for PC useage, but also to be used with HDTV. I could get the 24" somewhat right away, as I would have the funds around the time it is released, but it would take a little more saving up to do to get the 30".

...oh and i plan on building a new conroe rig this fall/winter (or just holding out til Vista is released) to use with the display. GPU will be a next gen card either an SLI/Crossfire setup or just a Dual-GPU card...not sure, but there definitely will be enough power to push either beast at full rez with all eyecandy on.

Just wondering what you would pick between the two!

sounds like you are a gamer, and 30" is alot of fuckin pixels for any card or set of cards to fill. Go for 24"

jrzimm612 said:
Do we know what inputs the 30" will have on it? Does that matter to you?

30" will apparently have the same inputs as the 24, component, dvi, yadda yadda yadda

its not on sale yet. NCIX.com has it being available in sept for 900something CAD (800something US!)

not bad a'tall

According to http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/13/benqs-new-monitor-line-includes-fp241w-24-incher/ the FP241W uses a samsung panel, and I'd assume that its the same one thats in the samsung 244t and dell 2407wfp... so why the wait? You want HDMI that badly?

And if you're saying its because those other two LCDs "suck" - odds are the benq will have the same issues. And for what it's worth I think the benq might be just as bad as the dell, while the samsung doesnt have the banding and such. Why? Because samsung keeps the best panels for themselves - thats why the dell has banding issues and the samsungs dont. Of course you could also be sacred of the supposed input lag - well, it exists I suppose, but the benq will have it as well as the other LCDs. The only question is whether or not youre one of the people who notices it or not.

I don't know if I am as I only have a laptop LCD right now, and I suppose it's TN...

Anyways, 244Ts can be found for as cheap as $835 US without shipping now.

the 30" definitely has all the input that you need, S video, composite, component, DVI, VGA etc. Go to the 30" panel thread and do a search on Benq, there is a review on it.

Depends on what you are using your computer for..

I don't think DX10 games will like 2560x1200. :p

But if you build websites, surfe/browse/make music/photoshop, everything but games, i'll go for the 30".

If you play games, go for the 24" and maybe buy another 24" later on!

antioch said:
Why? Because samsung keeps the best panels for themselves - thats why the dell has banding issues and the samsungs dont. Of course you could also be sacred of the supposed input lag - well, it exists I suppose, but the benq will have it as well as the other LCDs. The only question is whether or not youre one of the people who notices it or not.
It is pretty save to say that the banding is not cause by the panel itself but by the chipset used to process the input signals. There maybe 2 versions of FP241W one with BFI and one without. Both are probably AU Optronics derived panels.

p.s. BenQ manufacturers the "china made" Dell 2407wfp

thenixhex311 said:
its not on sale yet. NCIX.com has it being available in sept for 900something CAD (800something US!)

not bad a'tall

Dell (or should i say sony) just lost a customer.

Back