Get Firefox 2.0 now

You might not be able to download it from the link above (directly from Mozilla's servers) as it apparently getting slammed. Try one of their mirrors - the Virginia one had already been updated which is where I downloaded it from. Will be installing in a few minutes.

UPDATE: 2.0 works great. Running it now with no problems. :)

Did the server just update or does Firefox 2.0 come with this really cool spell checker on it? its awesome!

HighwayAssassins said:
huh. wonder if its really 2.0 or "RC3"...
It's RC3...

Firefox 2.0 Final comes out tomorrow, on tuesday. RC3 will automatically update to the latest version, so no need to download once again.

I just installed it. Looks good. They moved the x to close tabs though from the far right to each seprate tab. Wouldn't matter except when you want to close like 6 out of 10 tabs one in the corner is nice. I know such a silly thing. Looks good otherwise.

I like! Never noticed you could import all your settings/bookmarks from Opera to FF, very handy.

do you notice that when you move your mouse after you click on a link it gets alittle laggy?

runs much faster than 1.5.XX whatever was the latest before this with Faster Fox installed :D

i like

Awesome. And to the person saying it's RC3, it's Firefox 2.0 Final. It got released a day early. I absolutely love it. The spell checker is REALLY useful ;)

Oompa said:
Awesome. And to the person saying it's RC3, it's Firefox 2.0 Final. It got released a day early. I absolutely love it. The spell checker is REALLY useful ;)
Aha got released a day earlier, didn't know that... Kinda of a little odd that ff site didn't broadcast that on the main, instead they hid it in the ftp section... I wonder why :)

Jon855 said:
Aha got released a day earlier, didn't know that... Kinda of a little odd that ff site didn't broadcast that on the main, instead they hid it in the ftp section... I wonder why :)

probably was not intended to be distributed publically, the FTP link that is, maybe thats why bandwidth was limited when i downloaded it

Been running it all day. Judging from the "About Firefox" information, I'd say this is the real deal. No probs so far, on either PC.

Yep, I'm liking it.

Fasterfox and Tab Mix plug-ins no longer work however.

Here is something odd I'm experiencing - when downloading files the save button stays disabled for anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes and then becomes active - even if I choose to open the file instead of save it.

I love it. I've been using the beta versions for awhile and the spellcheck is sweet. my forward/back buttons on my logitech g5 dont work in the browser though.. bummer

Anyone get this error? It's failing on startup for me.

The procedure entry point JS_DHashTableOperate could not be located in the dynamic link library js3250.dll.

It's happening on all my computers. 3 are running the JRE 1.5.0.8, all my VMs that are failing are running 1.5.0.8 or 1.5.0.6

doing a search for the js3250.dll shows it in my OpenOffice folder, but doesn't show the one in the mozilla firefox folder.

sharkapult said:
Anyone get this error? It's failing on startup for me.

The procedure entry point JS_DHashTableOperate could not be located in the dynamic link library js3250.dll.

It's happening on all my computers. 3 are running the JRE 1.5.0.8, all my VMs that are failing are running 1.5.0.8 or 1.5.0.6

doing a search for the js3250.dll shows it in my OpenOffice folder, but doesn't show the one in the mozilla firefox folder.

nope

brighton said:

can you provide a direct link to the first two?

i cannot read german or whatever that is and when i download the file it doesn't load into FF or anything.......is there a way to manually insert it or something?

Stellar said:
Yep, I'm liking it.

Fasterfox and Tab Mix plug-ins no longer work however.

If you do a search in the extensions page for Tab Mix and find the extension site, he has a link to a RC of the newest version. This is just a "hold over" and is designed for 1.5, but with compatibility for 2.0 (little things like the tab list carrot drop-down thing on the far right of the tab bar go away). Next full version will be with 2.0 in mind.

nobody_here said:
can you provide a direct link to the first two?

i cannot read german or whatever that is and when i download the file it doesn't load into FF or anything.......is there a way to manually insert it or something?

I dont know that language either but the download link is called "telecharger" lol

just download the .jar file to somewhere like your desktop then just drag and drop the .jar file to the "Add on" window.

brighton said:
I dont know that language either but the download link is called "telecharger" lol

just download the .jar file to somewhere like your desktop then just drag and drop the .jar file to the "Add on" window.

thanks, didnt know you could just drag n drop theme and extension files like that :D

brighton said:

Im using this one. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3594/

graymodern2-1.jpg

trckn4life said:
I just installed it. Looks good. They moved the x to close tabs though from the far right to each seprate tab. Wouldn't matter except when you want to close like 6 out of 10 tabs one in the corner is nice. I know such a silly thing. Looks good otherwise.
Ya, the tab-close thing annoys me. I couldn't find a setting in the options menu, not sure if the setting is elsewhere. I'd REALLY like to change this back. Otherwise, it looks great!!

Ok, I figured out the tab settings (trial and error)!! Enter about:config in the address bar. Go to the browser.tabs.closeButtons line. The integer value defaults to '1'.

Value 0: Only show close button on active tab.
Value 1: Show close buttons on all tabs.
Value 2: Hide all close buttons.
Value 3: Single close button at far right, same as previous versions of Firefox.

The higher values I tried didn't seem to do anything else.

I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of the down-arrow tab menu on the far right now...

Thanks. I appreciate it.

RickyJ said:
Ok, I figured out the tab settings (trial and error)!! Enter about:config in the address bar. Go to the browser.tabs.closeButtons line. The integer value defaults to '1'.

Value 3: Single close button at far right, same as previous versions of Firefox.

I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of the down-arrow tab menu on the far right now...

RickyJ said:

Dude! Thanks! I was hating how I had to scroll left and right when I had a ton of tabs open. I changed browser.tabs.tabMinWidth to 30 instead of the default 100, so now the tabs shrink like they used to in the previous version. :)

Back