getting a wirelss-N notebook best 802.11n router?

I have a Linksys WRT300Nv1.1 and it works great for me. I'm not using any Macs though. I would read online for customer reviews on both the routers you specified to see if Mac users have posted any trouble. Also, which D-Link are you referring to? They have three sets.....RangeBooster, Rangebooster 650, and the Xtreme N.

the extreme N. N is new so I can't find reviews, even netgear has one now, ugh such a hard decision.

No contest.
Get the Apple router.

Its a bit of a contest.

My wife's Mac Pro is happy on our D-Link DI-655 router.

If you really need the ability to attach a USB drive or printer directly to the network, then I'd spend the extra money for the Apple Airport Extreme.

I don't know what QOS functionality is on the Apple (they don't mention any on the primary product page, the setup guide available online, or the "Designing Airport Extreme Networks Guide" online), but the DI-655 has nice QOS support.

802.11e based QoS, including WMM (WiFi Multimedia) is supported on the Apple Product.

If you want exact specs on it, try the Draft 2.0 802.11n certification listing. The Apple Router is the very first listing.

http://certifications.wi-fi.org/wbcs_certified_products.php?search=1&advanced=1&lang=en&filter_company_id=&filter_category_id=&filter_subcategory=&filter_cid=&date_from=&date_to=&selected_certifications[]=33&x=32&y=5

Sorry for not posting this before, most readers here wouldn't have the slightest clue what I'm talking about.

I've been using the USB Drive feature since last march for file sharing, backups, etc..., with zero problems. I've rebooted it exactly twice, each time for a firmware upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Back