Getting an error message when trying to open an audio cd or dvd

boxterduke

Gawd
Hello,

I get this message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" when trying to open an audio CD (one that does not have special features to .exe to run)
Also any DVD format disks I made or old DVD movie (that does not have special features to run)

When I insert the desk, auto run starts and gives me the option to selct whatever I want.
If I go back to my computer and then double click on the drive, I get the message.

I played with default program settings and does not matter which option I choose, I still get the message.
If I right click on the drive, the default action is open and its bolded, if I click on it I get the message.
Is there a way to change this option?

Its Vista, and I'm logged in as administrator.

If I insert an audio CD that is enhanced (has other options to start or an exe) then I can start it again no problem if I double click on it.

Same goes with DVDs, If I insert I'm legend for example and double click on it, its menu gui comes up. But if I put an old dvd that does not have special exe to start (like there is something about mary) then I get the error message if I click on it.

Seems like Vista is not finding the correct program to open the media with and any option I select in default programs does not help it.

Any ideas?

Back