Getting games to work in 1680 x 1050, any ideas?

Dave_06

n00b
Hi,

I'm considering getting a Viewsonic VX2025wm, and I've been reading about people getting "hacks" for thier games to make them run at the 1680x1050 resolution, trouble is I can't find them anywhere! Does anyone know where to get them?

Also, quite a stupid question, will there be drivers and software with the monitor to make windows run at 1680x1050?

Thanks.

Dave_06 said:
Hi,
Also, quite a stupid question, will there be drivers and software with the monitor to make windows run at 1680x1050?

Drivers will come with your monitor or you prolly will not need them as your vid card should recognize your new monitor and display the correct resolution for the monitor.

I run XP pro and I was able to set it at 1680 x 1050 without loading any new drivers. I have the exact same monitor.

Thats awesome,

Thanks a lot for all your help :)

Hopefully gonna order 2 VX2025wm's tommorow :)

Thanks again,

Dave.

Hello again,

I'm currently using a 19" CRT and thought I'd try and get some of my games to run at 1680x1050 - just to make sure they'll be alright before spending the money on a widescreen monitor. But I'm having difficulties. UT2K4 doesnt want know - I change the settings in the *.ini file as instructed on WSGF site. Yet it always resets it to 1600 x 1024. With CS:S I can't seem to find the right resolution (It says WS is native to the game)

Do you think all of this is because I'm using a 19" CRT and not a WS montior? I dont want to spend a lot of money on a monitor only to find most of my games wont work :eek:

Thanks,

Dave.

CS:S has an option to use 1680x1050 if you select aspect of 16:10 in options

Hmm - Only goes up to 1600 x 1024. Theres nothing in any of the widescreen options (16:9),(16:10) that mentions 1680 x 1050 :confused:

Perhaps I need a WS monitor hooked up to be able to use that resolution? :rolleyes:

Ok, thanks, I guess that confirms my point above. :)

Without a widescreen monitor hooked up, I can't choose that resolution. (I'm using a 19" CRT atm and the 1680x 1050 resolution doesnt appear in CS:S or Oblivion)

that forum is amazing.. took care of all my needs thats for sure!!

and Obliv in 1680X 1050 is amazing!
so is HL2
and UT2k4
and the first Ghost Recon
and even Serious Sam!

Back