Getting my Audio Rolling

JinxyBoi

Gawd
So I just pulled the trigger on some Behringer MS40's and a 10" Dayton Sub a couple minutes ago and these'll be my first speakers actually worth something.

They're gonna be replacing some Logitech S-200's (click for laughs).

Anyway, I bought the new gear on the pretense that I wouldn't need a receiver or amp or anything like that to get them working. Would I just be set with what I have ordered, or will I need to buy some other kinds of cords to get them working with my rig?

I appreciate any help or advice. I'm new to this, but if I needa buy a little something extra, I'd like to pick it up in the week before my junk arrives.:)

I don't see how you would connect your subwoofer to the speakers. Are you going to use the analog outs from your sound card, or digital output?

I don't see how you would connect your subwoofer to the speakers. Are you going to use the analog outs from your sound card, or digital output?

Guess that shows how green I am. I actually assumed these things... came.. with.. like.. cables. :eek:

Well I guess a subwoofer cable of some sort is necessary? I'm really not sure what to look for cable and wire-wise to be honest. I'm extremely incompetent as far as all this goes.

As for how I'm gonna connect them to my computer, I think I figured on the analog ports. I do have a digital port (I think) and can use that if it'd be better. Obviously I'm on onboard (for now) and I guess the setup isn't all that fancy, but here's what the panel looks like:

41384681zl4.jpg

Back