Getting new work assingment trouble

Hgradio

Limp Gawd
I have one rig that is giving me fits. Running 2 260 (2160's and on completing a work unit it occasionally get stuck for 4 to 8 hours atemptingt to get a unit/ retry. Now the funny thing is if I stop and restart the program, bam, gets a new unit right away. Just curious if anyone else has had this problem. This happens on both cards. Tnx in advance.

I've had issues getting workunits with my 4870, but I haven't had it pick up a unit right when I restart the client. My GTX260 hasn't had any real issues as far as I know. Have you tried deleting the clients and reinstalling them?

This rig just got win7 so that could be and issue as well , lol. Gonna reinstall when my new hd arrives later this week, so will see if that helps, Tnx

I have had the exact issue with all of my PCs running GPU clients. Mostly my work PCs, I think due to our network being a bit more restrictive. But I've had the same problem with my home PC a few times also. I mostly seems to happen after I've remote desktop'd into my home PC from work. I think remoting into it messes with the client somehow. It will finish the WU it's on when I remote to it, but after it finishes and sends it, it won't get a new WU until I get home and re-start it. Are you using remote desktop at all on your PCs? My home PC is running Win7, my work PCs are running XP.

Back