Getting replacement mobo tonight! NF7-S or DFI NF2 Ul. Inf. can't decide!

Petra

Gawd
I'm going to be ordering a mobo tonight from the egg to replace my dead 8RDA+ (in sig) and I'm having a hard time deciding wether to go with the NF7-S or the DFI NFII Ultra Infinity. From what I've looked at, they are both pretty good boards but I am somewhat concerned about the BIOS issues that some people have been having with the rev 2 NF7-S boards (like not being able to exceed 220MHz FSB with a multi of 10-10.5 when CPU Interface Enhanced is enabled in BIOS 1.2 and later)...that, and it would suck to go from 4 USB ports in the I/O panel to 2. My concern with the DFI mobo, however, is that it doesn't look like my SLK-900U would clear the capacitors located below the CPU socket...or would it? I'm also kinda worried about the large number of people getting defective/DOA boards... Someone help me decide! :D

Well, I just ordered the Abit NF7-S yesterday, so hopefully that will be the right choice for me. I would have to suggest the same board to you, as I've found favorable reviews, and I like the feature set (IEEE 1394 and great overclocking options being high on the list). Heck, you also get an SATA to PATA adaptor in the box. Kind of a nice bonus (for those of us who just want to be able to plug in more drives).

Good luck,
Wowy

All things considered I'd go with the Abit, but that's primarily because I like the two AAs...Asus and Abit

If your RAM can handle high clock speeds, the DFI is more likely to get you to a 240MHz FSB. And if you have a problem you can always ask Angry_Games ;)

I'd say the dfi.. they are pretty much the best when it comes to overclocking right now..

Back