Getting sound from my PiP - Gateway 3000XHD

TheGooch69

Gawd
Question for all of those XHD3000 owners. How do I get sound from my PiP when I am using it while on my PC? I use to have sound but it disappeared awhile back. I searched through the menus but didnt find anything.

offhand, let's try the simplest thing first...turn everything off, disconnect your speaker bar, reconnect carefully

pip only? is there any sound when in full screen? you did not say

I'm not using the speaker bar, I am using a Creative speaker set. There is sound when I bring the PiP to full screen, just not when it's small. I use to get sound out of it the first few days and then for no reason it stopped. I don't remember changing anything at all.

Disconnected and reconnected everything with no luck.

Gooch,

First, turn on the PIP, then go to Main Menu->Audio->Audio Source then select PIP Audio. After you move the arrow to PIP Audio, you will need to touch the select button. If you don't have the PIP enabled, the Audio Source function will be grayed out. Now, when you have PIP on, you will hear audio from the PIP. When PIP is off, you will hear audio from PIP. Hope this helps.

Gooch,

First, turn on the PIP, then go to Main Menu->Audio->Audio Source then select PIP Audio. After you move the arrow to PIP Audio, you will need to touch the select button. If you don't have the PIP enabled, the Audio Source function will be grayed out. Now, when you have PIP on, you will hear audio from the PIP. When PIP is off, you will hear audio from PIP. Hope this helps.

The audio button is grayed out, even when PiP is on.

Just to confirm, are you running at 2560 x1600 on your PC and is the speaker bar attached? Try the setting with the speaker bar attached first and then power off, disconnect the speaker bar and connect your Creative speakers back. Not sure if this function only works with the speaker bar or not.

Yes I am running my PC at that resolution and no I'm not using the speaker bar. I'll go get it and try what you suggested.

Everything works great now. Like you said I had to connect the speaker bar. I got to keep it on though or I'll lose the audio again. Not a big deal.

Thanks! :D

Back