n00b
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39197

http://we.pcinlife.com/thread-756676-1-1.html

The GF8800 Ultra first appearances in the inq
26.gif

8800U.jpg

Benchmarks? Specs? Throw us some more info man! :eek:

I like the look, thats for sure.

Thats a cool looking card but bit pointless. It seems X2900XTX won´t even be released so 8800ultra will be competing with 8800GTX.

Thats a cool looking card but bit pointless. It seems X2900XTX won´t even be released so 8800ultra will be competing with 8800GTX.

Yeah. It might not even see the light of day this soon, unless NVIDIA has something under that cooler, which is a bit different than just an overclocked 8800 GTX. Let's wait and see what happens.

Please someone tell me this is a joke, don't think I could fit that into my case.

All we need now is for EVGA to make one with like 25 mhz more O/C and call it the 8800 Ultra Extreme.

All I know is if were to get that card I couldn't use the SATA on the board and make some serious room in my case.

I for some reason could not see the pics. So I googled around.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39197

That's the best I could do. I know, I know, it's the Inq. But I was desparate to see a pic. lol I don't believe in newspost specs until I see a retail shelf unit.

You googled around did you ?

if you had happened to look at the OP you would of seen that your googling and the link you posted is the exact same as the OP's original INQ link, it would of saved you sometime googling ;)

unless the OP, added your link at a later time that is ?

Anyway, nice card but whats the point in anyone stepping up from a 8800gtx to the ultra ? maybe if the drivers would work properly then just maybe it "might" be worth it to some people, but I would think it would be better for nvidia to fix their drivers first before trying to sell a newer version of the 8800.

I for one wont be jumping onto this card for that very purpose, my 8800gtx doesnt work that great in games due to drivers and I have yet to get the full experience of this card, so until I do then no more buying from nvidia will be done by me, but no doubt some nub with cash flowing out of his pockets will step up from the 8800gtx to the ultra.

You googled around did you ?

if you had happened to look at the OP you would of seen that your googling and the link you posted is the exact same as the OP's original INQ link, it would of saved you sometime googling ;)

unless the OP, added your link at a later time that is ?

Thanx for noticing this before I posted, was about to say that link went up after.

I doubt this is real, that laugh pointing icon was used on the fake 8800 Ultra cooler picture, think its just a better photoshop. Or its just the watermark of the individual who put it up, damn it.

If anyone wants to spend $1K on what is essentially an OCed 8800GTX then be my guest.:eek:

Can we stop with these rumors, there is no way in hell that there selling the 8800 ultra which would yield a 5-10% increase over a 8800GTX for almost twice the price, people could just get two 8800GTS's and have something out outperforms it (assuming SLI worked properly on the 8 series). 650-700 shouldn't be out of the question however.

Why do you think nvidia is releasing the 8800ultra anyways if the drivers have mad problems, dual and quad core cpus bottleneck it and currently being 0 games that use DX10? Because theres a bleeding edge market who will buy these cards regardless of cost in order to have the best, and nvidia knows how to serve that market.

Back