Gigabyte DS3 Problem... IDE :(

Juic3

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi, Im having problems with this motherboard, hell its the one thats back from RMA because of the same problem, now Im just confused so maybe its just the Jmicron controller.

When using bootcds, like Hirens boot cd, it will not load up the cd rom drivers, I also have problems with linux cds.

Is this a board problem ?

In the BIOS do you have the gigabyte controller set to AHCI mode? or IDE?

Oh lemme check its at default whatever that is ? Would that help ?

The Jmicron controller for one thing is shitty. It is very picky with what it has to communicate with. Set this device to anything NON AHCI if your using your CDROM only for the IDE channel.

I had some problem when I Enable the thing for Native SATA mode. It dropped me from like 5 channels to 4 and it didn't detect my IDE cdrom any more. It just disappeared. Then changing that setting back in the BIOS didn't fix it. It stayed at like 4 channels. So I had to reflash it, to get them back.

chrisf6969 said:
I had some problem when I Enable the thing for Native SATA mode. It dropped me from like 5 channels to 4 and it didn't detect my IDE cdrom any more. It just disappeared. Then changing that setting back in the BIOS didn't fix it. It stayed at like 4 channels. So I had to reflash it, to get them back.
UH?

Back