Gigabyte DS3 + SATA DVD Burner?

ir0nw0lf

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone using any brand of SATA DVD Burner with their S3/DS3 mobo? Newegg just got in the new Lite-On SH-16A7S-05 SATA DVD Burner for $32.99 and I'm very tempted to snag one. I've been waiting for eons for them to put one out! Just wanted to know if there were any known quirks with SATA DVD burners on this board.

Hmm I wouldn't mind knowing this either, prices have definitely gone down in the last 4-5 months on those SATA drives.

Haha...I had one in my cart and decided I could make due with IDE for now :).

I didn't have very good luck with my AB9 Pro and SATA DVD burners (via the Rosewill SATA/IDE adapter). Not sure if it was the board or the adapter. It picked it up fine, but the performance was always lacking. Probably the adapter.

They currently show in stock to me as of this message... Get 'em while they are hot! :D I'm going to get one when I get the chance, I'm not thrilled with the performance of my NEC burner on the jmicron controller. Rather just move to SATA and be done with it.

I've got an S3 & a Samsung 183 SATA burner on the way to me, I'll let you know how it gets on.

ir0nw0lf said:
They currently show in stock to me as of this message... Get 'em while they are hot! :D I'm going to get one when I get the chance, I'm not thrilled with the performance of my NEC burner on the jmicron controller. Rather just move to SATA and be done with it.

You know what...maybe that's my problem. I have an NEC burner and it was acting up a lot on the Jmicron controller too :(.

Back