Gigabyte DS3L not playing well with memory?

jhatfie

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently got a Gigabyte P35-DS3L when I moved some of my older stuff to my family computer. It is a Abit AB9 Quad GT and with the same e4300 and Gskill memory, which would run memtest stable at up to 1100mhz on the Abit, cannot even break 1000mhz on the gigabyte board using the same NB strap, voltage and timings (same cpu clock as well). Even using the bios "standard" and not turbo or extreme setting for memory, there is no change. That and clock for clock, my super pi results are around 1/2 - 3/4 seconds slower on the gigabyte for the 1M test. Clocks appears about the same between both boards with it puttering out at 3.2ghz for stable at 1.44v, just using the memory at a slower setting with the Gigabyte. Is there some setting I may be missing that is messing with memory performance and stability?

I also have the gigabyte DS3L and I was wondering where you can change the memory timings? Also, it would be sweet is people post pics of there bias settings for overclocking....thanks

Control + F1 at the same time when in the bios main menu will enable the advanced settings under the sub-menus including the ram timings under the MIT menu.

OP. try the memory performace enhance to fast or turbo.

Gigabyte's bios for memory sub-timings is fairly crappy. Try reducing Trfc to mid 40's I use 42.

Hey Thanks for posting a response....I've just started to OC and am currently getting some baseline temps for my setup. Memory should be quick to follow with the my ASUS 8800GT to follow. I'll post some info for OCing my Q6600 GO (with arctic pro air cooling) to 3 - 3.2 ghz on vista 64 with 2gb mushkin ram.

Also...currently I have MB deciding how to run my RAM... it is using some weird settings such as 5-6-6-19 with FSB:DRAM 4:5 (DRAM Freq = 416)...LOL, what a dumb MB.

Back