GIGABYTE fanless HD 4850 1GB

Wished i'd have waited. This thing is sick. Hope it works though, my 4850 gets freakin' hot

I would probably still put a fan on it, but just running at low rpm. I wonder what the temps are with that thing?

bah, any standard 4850 with a S1 v2 will work. Hell I have one mine and temps are better then stock cooler without a damn fan B/C i have 0 room for one.

GFX Chilla is the way to go on the 4850's
i go tone for sale if you guys are interested.

God damn STAY AWAY from Gigabyte cards.... Just do your self a huge favor, buy an OEM version of the card.

God damn STAY AWAY from Gigabyte cards.... Just do your self a huge favor, buy an OEM version of the card.

I am sure others may also like to know as to why such position against Gigabyte cards. Isnt this one part of the Ultra Durable line or is that just the reg 4850 or theirs

interesting cards. There is a good review of the 1gb model at guru3d. That model is also overclocked factory to 700 core.

I too am scared of non reference boards. I don't really know why lol

Seems newegg is only place to get it too.

oh and why is it that every manufacterer who puts on an aftermarket cooler makes it so that you cant change the fan speed.

I'd say no to that Gigabyte 4850, I love the sound of multiple fan spinning inside my case so I hate fanless thing.

interesting cards. There is a good review of the 1gb model at guru3d. That model is also overclocked factory to 700 core.

oh and why is it that every manufacterer who puts on an aftermarket cooler makes it so that you cant change the fan speed.

I change the speed on mine as I see fit. It's just loud as fuck.

guru3d review is for the zalman fan one

Ultra durable shit.... Yeah that is one thing, let's say their voltage regulators are not with a par on current 4850s and on their cards (Ultra Durable) they put Quonima memory which will not work.... umm at all! (unless you declock it) Bios is a mess.... i can count few other problems.....

I had 8800gt by them, RMA it 3!!!!! fucking times..... until i sold it on ebay "as is".

Stay away from Gigabyte Ultra Durable crap!

I read other reviews for Gigabyte fanless cards over the years (usually Nvidia). Silent, but not necessarily cool. Generally they ran hotter than standard solutions.

Back