Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 BIOS F8 beta

good find, wondering the same question; anyone use this yet?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109719

94 pages of information on the gigabyte boards & the BIOS's.

Read the first post then skip to about page 90 for the most recent information! They have seven+ F8 betas out there....
F8a - F8g. Just wait a little longer for the official F8. It should be
coming soon. Maybe another week or 2.

They are doing a good job. I'm quite impressed with the progress they've made from F1 to F7.

The F7 has been rock solid for me. I'm almost to the point where I don't feel like I have to update the bios :eek: .

Same here. Unless I start seeing reports of insanely increased overclocks coming out of non-D9 users of the DS3, then I'm perfectly satisfied with F7. But I shall be watching F8 with great interest :D

Yeah F7 was a big improvement that it let me run all kinds of ratios, FSB's & timings which weren't stable before.

Unfortunately, I couldn't hit any higher of a CPU overclock (just b/c its not a great chip) But I could reach higher FSB's with lower multipliers, and lower timings on ram, and/or run faster ram ratios.

chrisf6969 said:
Yeah F7 was a big improvement that it let me run all kinds of ratios, FSB's & timings which weren't stable before.

Unfortunately, I couldn't hit any higher of a CPU overclock (just b/c its not a great chip) But I could reach higher FSB's with lower multipliers, and lower timings on ram, and/or run faster ram ratios.

That's exactly my experience. I was fsb walled at around 410mhz on F5 it as far as I could tell. F7 let me push on up to 425 and it seems I have alot more available if I wanted to drop another multi down for it, tho I'm happy where I'm at atm, Gigabyte FTW! :D

Nor I, tho not by personal experience, this is just the first one I've owned. Always been an Asus/MSI/Abit kinda guy. Gigabyte always worried me for some reason before tho. But I got over it and am glad I did :D

IF you can't be bothered reading 90 pages from the link posted, here is a highlight posted yesterday.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109719&page=92

""I am testing the BIOS currently. It will be released first for the DS3 and then the S3 next week. The next release still needs some fine tuning as not all D9 based modules perform the same. My current range is 7x485 to 7x505 with a wide variety of D9 modules.""

moshpit said:
Nor I, tho not by personal experience, this is just the first one I've owned. Always been an Asus/MSI/Abit kinda guy. Gigabyte always worried me for some reason before tho. But I got over it and am glad I did :D

I was always an Abit / Asus guy too. Preferred the Abit of old (not sure about the new Abit). But lately Asus has been my favorite. Gigabyte surprised me with how fast they sorted out the BIOS issues. Though Asus was a few weeks ahead of them on the learning curve with the 965 boards the whole time from the beginning.

hehe, well, it appears us old Asus fans are vindicated by Gigabyte seeing as Asus and Gigabyte just announced they're entering strategic co-production of future motherboards and graphics cards together. Pretty funny stuff and strikes me as funnily ironic that I moved from an Asus to a Gigabyte (many of us have) right as this is happening. Gigabyte FTW, as I said earlier :D

kirbyrj said:
The F7 has been rock solid for me. I'm almost to the point where I don't feel like I have to update the bios :eek: .
That's how I feel. I had nothing but problems right away using F3 that shipped with my board, but it's been great with F7. Nothing is giving me a problem, so if this is just to aid overclocking, I'll probably hold off.

Changed my mind,

1 Gigabyte DS3 for sale.

I want an nForce 680i ! Did you see the review at Anandtech?!

Time to order an 8800GTX, X6800, and nForce 680i.

Ok, just kidding, but the new nforce LOOKS very nice!

Back