gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 mobo please help >.<

coolox

n00b
hey fellow gamers ^-^ i've just recently purchased this mobo from newegg.com well after installing this mobo on my computer... i've started to have problems

first... computer crashes... then blue screen with all these long text about ACPI compatility issue and computer says i must update bios from hardware-update.com (how can i fix this? is it really necessary to update bios from website that i've just mentioned?)

second... my sound isn't working at all... i can't play window media or any program that allows you to play mp3 files or whatever (window media says my sound system is not properly installed: im currently using onboard audio system from mobo) .. i can't even watch game trailers or movie trailers on website....

lastly, i have installed all my drivers except PCI Device drive (i have checked Device manager but that one is not installed) i can't seem to find any driver updates from gigabyte driver cd that came mobo so what should i do??? if i don't install PCI Device is my computer going to be doomed?

sorry for long introduction ^^ im not a computer expert (i understand few things here and there) if you can explain solution to me in easy ways i'd appreciate it very very much thank you in advance

p.s my computer spec: 2 geforce 7900GS SLI graphic cards 2gb ram dual core AMD Athlon core prosseor 5600 + 2.80GHz

I would upgrade to the new Bios as it says. If im not mistaken its all automated on that board so you dont have to flash it yourself etc. Update the bios and see if that fixes some of your problems.

Difficult to say. Not knowing exaclty what everything was set at during install of the OS makes it almost impossible to reccomend an easy fix.

I suggest.

Reset the bios to factory defaults.
Download and update with a floppy or usb stick to the latest bios.
Download the drivers from Gigabytes web site.
Reset the new bio to factory defaults. (make any absolutley required changes to support your hardware like if no floppy make sure bios is set to no floppy installed etc. )
Do a new OS install (delete the existing partition and reformat as part of the install)
Install the driver(s) for each individual component one at a time (audio, ethernet, etc) and reboot between each one. (cancel any New Hardware found popups and let the setup program do the installs)
Install your video driver
reboot
Do all your windows updates.
reboot and pray.
test the machine out in your games for a day.
Tweak your bios for OCing and/or proper voltages and memory timings.

Good luck.

Not an SLI expert but unless I knew otherwise I would do all this with just one card installed. After all seems ok, then implement/install the second card.

I just wanted to add some information to this thread...

I'm having the same problem, seems it might be a processor/mobo problem?

I'm running:
4gb ram
single 8600gt
5800+ 65watt

So, it's not related to sli.

Do you have the extra power going to the PCIE slots to run SLI? There is an extra plug that if not plugged in will cause the same troubles.
For the sound: I had to get the sound drivers off of Gigabyte's website, and they worked.
Charles

There is something in the bios, I believe it's called pch (or something like that). I read on another forum that if it's set as 64bit and you're running a 32bit system it'll cause your problem.

I disabled it altogether and the problem has been solved. No decrease in performance either.

Hope my followup helps!

Back