GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H @ [H]

Sweet. Give this a shot real fast first (it's the 2.0 Beta), and I'll throw the rest to the guys in-office. May be a bit, it's weekend, and I'm in hawaii so I don't have full access to the internal knowledge base at the moment, but we'll get you up and going here eventually.

http://vmware.com/beta/server/
Downloading now.

How do you like Hawaii (pleasure trip, I hope)? Someone just gave me a calendar from there, looks beautiful. :)

That beta seems to be working. :)

Edit:
Not very gracefully, though. Every time I shut down a VM, the Remote Control Plug-in spits an error.

theres is a hotspot on this board, i cant seem to figure out what it is though, in speedfan it reads room them idle and 60C after a few min of orthos any ideas? its temp 2 on speedfan if that helps

theres is a hotspot on this board, i cant seem to figure out what it is though, in speedfan it reads room them idle and 60C after a few min of orthos any ideas? its temp 2 on speedfan if that helps
Probably around the MOSFET's (power circuitry). Is this with a single, dual, or quad? Any overclock? Also, what kind of airflow are we looking at?

I traded in a TF560 Biostar Board for this in my fiance's build. Shortly after installation my 8600GT began failing to transmit a signal to the monitor. Now with the 8600GT on RMA, the IGP is artifacting in Vista's desktop (aero enabled). Anyone else having this problem? This budget machine is turning out to be more of a hassle than the savings were worth.

I traded in a TF560 Biostar Board for this in my fiance's build. Shortly after installation my 8600GT began failing to transmit a signal to the monitor. Now with the 8600GT on RMA, the IGP is artifacting in Vista's desktop (aero enabled). Anyone else having this problem? This budget machine is turning out to be more of a hassle than the savings were worth.

How much ram you using? 4gb, by any chance?

Yeah. I know people were reporting the white lines across the screen, but my fiance' says the corruption is looks like random objects/artifacts. Probably the same thing?

Yeah. I know people were reporting the white lines across the screen, but my fiance' says the corruption is looks like random objects/artifacts. Probably the same thing?

if she has 4gb of ram, then very possible. Take 2gb out, or turn off memory hole remapping, and see if it goes away.

i have this motherboard and when i install 2 x 1 gig mushkins pc 6400 44412 ram nu build will not post (blank screen w/ power) but if i use 1 stick it works great. tried different ram (corsair) and same deal. any help please :)
x2 4400+
vista home premium 32 bit
500 cooler master psu
onboard vid/audio

i have this motherboard and when i install 2 x 1 gig mushkins pc 6400 44412 ram nu build will not post (blank screen w/ power) but if i use 1 stick it works great. tried different ram (corsair) and same deal. any help please :)
x2 4400+
vista home premium 32 bit
500 cooler master psu
onboard vid/audio

Try different slots.

it works on slt#3 and #4 dual channel? but when i check sys properties they are detected...should i leave them alone?

hey all.
some good info on here, i hope there is someone that can help me out....
i have a few questions about surroundview.

does it have to be an ATI card? i have a 6800GT that i could put in, if it worked.

when a card is plugged in, does the output from the HDMI also get the increase in speed and processing power? eg, you need to plug in a high spec card to run oblivion, the onboard gpu wont be able to handle it. if i put in a good card but want to use the HDMI to display to an LCD tv, will it get the full output or does it have to be an output from the card?

sorry for the ramble

cheers Ryan

does it have to be an ATI card? i have a 6800GT that i could put in, if it worked.
You can plug in your 6800, but I believe it'll disable the onboard. The only way to keep that is to either go PCI, or make sure it's an Express Radeon.
when a card is plugged in, does the output from the HDMI also get the increase in speed and processing power? eg, you need to plug in a high spec card to run oblivion, the onboard gpu wont be able to handle it. if i put in a good card but want to use the HDMI to display to an LCD tv, will it get the full output or does it have to be an output from the card?
No, the onboard X1250's performance is unaffected by whatever you plug in. What you are describing is an upcoming feature in AMD's new chipsets, a so-called Hybrid Crossfire. It won't be available in current products, AFAIK.

ok, so i do need a new ATI card.

would this work?..... plug in a new ATI card and connect that to the DVI port on the tv, and connect the HDMI from the MoBo to the HDMI on the tv.
if i want to run movies, use the HDMI channel, for games use the DVI channel

i suppose if the card i got had HDMI on it, i would just use that.

cheers
Ryan

ok, so i do need a new ATI card.

would this work?..... plug in a new ATI card and connect that to the DVI port on the tv, and connect the HDMI from the MoBo to the HDMI on the tv.
if i want to run movies, use the HDMI channel, for games use the DVI channel

i suppose if the card i got had HDMI on it, i would just use that.

cheers
Ryan
Yes, that'll work. However, it'll be a pain constantly dragging your games from the primary output to the second, and then dragging movies back the other way. The only easy way around that is to use Media Center, which lets you permanently map the 10-Foot Interface to one monitor (in this case, the HDMI).

More importantly, why? Whatever card you plug in will be powerful enough for movie-watching as well, and there won't be any appreciable power-savings since the plug-in card would never be "off." If both displays are going to the same TV/display ultimately, why do you need two separate inputs to get there?

he he he
i realised that exact same thing yesterday, just after i posted.
i guess i was thinking that the HMDI had a better quality output than the DVI.
but they are both digital outputs, so both the same.
im sure i'll just end up using the DVI and being very happy with the quality.

im actually building this machine at the moment. i pulled the case apart 2 nights ago and painted it last night. i'll do another coat of paint tonight and then put the parts in over the weekend.

it just goes to show you how flexible this MoBo is.

i might OC it a little... but not heaps. i still want to keep it quiet.

cheers
Ryan

Any of you guys running into DVI corruption issues? I'm using this board, F4 BIOS, with a 9500 as a Media Center, and 50% of the time the DVI signal is scrambled when it wakes up from a screen saver or Away mode. Sometimes it'll just squash the picture (1920x1200 on a Gateway FPD2485W), other times it'll actually scramble it to the point of not being able to decipher anything. The squashing issue is resolved by refreshing the resolution settings, but the other one requires a full reboot.

Cliffs:
F4 BIOS, Phenom 9500
Onboard graphics, Cat 8.1
3GB 800 (2x1 + 2x512)
FPD2485W running via DVI
Every other time I wake up the computer from sleeping or Away mode, the DVI signal is scrambled.

does the coolermaster geminII HSF fit this board? i have a pci-e tuner card and not sure if this will block the pci-e slot.

Fortunately I decided to order this board over all other choices late last week. I was hesitant, because I wanted a mATX board with awesome features that I could later swap into a HTPC box after an upgrade. I also wanted to be able to overclock like crazy with my board of choice. I ordered a X2 4000+ Brisbane to put in it, so I knew that my board of choice would pretty much be the deciding factor in overclocking potential.

I have had the board running stable with the following specs:
CPU: 270x10
RAM: set to DDR667 specs
VID: 8800GT 512mb

If I step up the CPU to 280x10 or 270x10.5, the computer boots and is stable. However, games and intense applications crash, but leave Windows running. The limitation here has got to be the cpu voltage. I just downloaded the F3a bios from Kyle's link and will flash it tonight. I'm shooting for 3.0 on this board eventually, but I still need a PSU upgrade and a HS/F upgrade on the CPU. Hopefully this BIOS with voltage adjustments will pave the way for me.

It was great finding this thread after searching for many days on the overclocking potential of this board before purchasing. :D

does the coolermaster geminII HSF fit this board? i have a pci-e tuner card and not sure if this will block the pci-e slot.

Reading the Geminii manual and comparing to the MB layout it seems that it should work.
http://www.coolermaster.com/uploads/support/GeminII_manual.pdf

It shows that as long as the CPU socket retention orientation (the 6-screws) is parallel to the I/O panel that the Geminii will work in the way its intended (with fan over the memory.)

I'm looking at this board for a replacement to my very dated MythTV box. Since I have the Geminii cooler it makes the deal a clincher!

ok just updated my bios to the f4a, its now got a new menu called motherboard intelligent tweeker (M.I.T) which is like the hidden menu but its not hidden, as well this new bios also allows you to change the pci-e clock which is a plus, the hidden menu is still there for changing your memory settings and overclocking it,. if no one else does i'll post some screen shots if people are intrested

ok heres the link for the f4a bios

-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model: GIGABYTE GA-MA69G-S3H mod bios for GA-MA69GM-S2H
-Bios revision: F4A
-Bios Link: http://lily.byus.net/nara/ma69gs3.zip

Thank you for posting The Link!! :cool:

Has anybody had any luck running 4Gb of memory with this bios??

I don't get the same errors as with the previous f3a bios,

So I think it may just be my configuration.

( the errors are video card driver related,ok with 2 gigs)

Thank you for posting The Link!! :cool:

Has anybody had any luck running 4Gb of memory with this bios??

I don't get the same errors as with the previous f3a bios,

So I think it may just be my configuration.

( the errors are video card driver related,ok with 2 gigs)

any visual corruption?

ok i was wondering if it was just me with the 4gb problem, well i shouldnt say that its only in vista x64 i have issues

i was having the same problem but i was using my 8800gt changed bios back to f3a and rock solid again

I am considering this board to cobble together an htpc. I had hoped to use an older case/power supply just 350watt (LC-A350atx). I've never had any issues with this PS all rails appear well within spec but I've no way to test for stability under high load and it appears to be rated for only 12A on the 12v rail which has me concerned. Will that be adequate with just onboard video, a 5000+ BE, a hauppauge 150, and 2 hard drives?

edit: Perhaps I should reword this: Does anyone know the current draw requirements of this board?

Also has anyone tried an stock Opteron 939 Heatsink on this board?

thanks

Hello,

I just flashed my motherboard (GA-MA69GM-S2H) with the mod bios F4A (from the link a couple of pages back) and all seems to be ok, overclocking is great (took my brisbane 4800+ from previous 2944MHz, to 3190 -255x12.5- with just 0.25 more Volts on the CPU).

However I cannot flash the bios back to an official version. After it reads the bios file it just says "invalid bios version" and only prompts me to quit. (tried DOS and QFlash to no avail)

How do you manage to flash to an official bios from F4A?

Thanks in advance.

Got it. Tried @BIOS and it flashed F5 without hesitation.

That's funny. I'd think @BIOS being easiest to use (and misuse) from people not very sure about what they're doing would make it impossible to flash something otherwise incompatible.

Anyway, up and running now.

Only thing left to sort out is to make Ati Catalyst install to my Vista x64 ultimate system. For the past few months it keeps saying it can't find any installable components (I use the onboard graphics, go figure).

Thanks anyway.

Only thing left to sort out is to make Ati Catalyst install to my Vista x64 ultimate system. For the past few months it keeps saying it can't find any installable components (I use the onboard graphics, go figure).

I had this same problem the one time I tried to install the onboard vga drivers and hook it into my TV via HDMI. I couldn't get it to work and I never tried again. I would be interested to see if this board's onboard video is incompatible with Vista x64.

Okay, I may be rather thick, but I've read most of the thread now and I still don't understand what bios to use to get the CPU voltage option, and if possible at all, where to get it?

Thanks.
It's official, I am part mole. Well, maybe not, because even moles would have been capable of reading the Second Page Of The Same Thread :p

So I found the statement and the f3a bios; will try it when I get back to my machine.

My BE2350 will currently not go beyond 2.3GHz (220 *10.5). Lowering the multiplier and upping the FSB does not result in an increased CPU frequency(well it does, it just doesn't top 2.3GHz); have tried a whole slew of combinations :/ (Not RAM issue either- am keeping HT link freq at around 1ghz)

Edit.

Well, with a vcore of 1.375, it got to 281*10.5 (HTlink 844, mem 420MHz) CPU 2954MHz. That's 600MHz more :)

Somewhat funny thing was that I initially tried 225 (it wouldn't go past 220 before) with a gradually increasing vcore, until I got to 1.4 and it still hung while loading Windows.
Then I tried lowering the multiplier -still would not go past a CPUfreq. of 2350MHz. Finally I gave up and tried with the original 10.5x and set it to 222. That worked. Then 2 MHz at a time it got up to 285, but that lasted only until I tried to cold boot again. At 281 it seems to cold boot OK (most of the time :p ).

SuperPI1.5X 1M difference in time of completion (between 220 and 281MHz fsb) was 38s vs 30.
Oh, and Cool and Quiet stops functioning when I go past 220MHz fsb..or maybe whenever I up the vcore. Hm.

Cool & Quiet should be disabled before overclocking is done. Try disabling it and test your results. That feature sometimes messes with your stability when overclocking.

Back