Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G Drivers

780G is an AMD/ATi chipset so VIA has nothing to do with it.
Just get the latest ATi Catalyst & that should cover you for chipset/gfx drivers.

Audio & LAN are Realtek so you neeed to get your drivers for those from their site.

Anyway you can link me to the Audio and Lan? I am using a Nvidia 8600gts 512mb PCIE card instead of the onboard.

So, I have NOT installed the video drivers, instead I am using my 8600GTS. Do I need to install the gfx drivers for the onboard card in order to get the correct "chipset" drivers for the motherboard, or can these be found elsewhere?

I was looking at the GA-MA78GM-S2H, but I decided to get the GA-MA78G-DS3H instead. It still uses the same 780g chipset though. Don't you have the driver cd that came with the mobod, or did you get an open box mobod? The cd I got with my gigabyte looks like it's the same as the cd for your mobod, since it says "6-quad/s-series" on the cd, which means it is probably used throughout the 780g chipset mobod line that gigabyte has.

So, I have NOT installed the video drivers, instead I am using my 8600GTS. Do I need to install the gfx drivers for the onboard card in order to get the correct "chipset" drivers for the motherboard, or can these be found elsewhere?

That single driver acts like an nforce driver, where it either automatically detects what needs to be installed, or you can manually select it (it's been awhile since I've seen it in action). I'd install it even if you don't plan on actively using the onboard card. It certainly won't hurt.

Back