Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L issues?

Chase023

n00b
I just recently built my computer.

When you save to CMOS and exit is it supposed to turn off and on a few times before it actually turns and and loads for this motherboard (Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L)??

What happened to the search thread feature??

I was trying to look up optimized cpu core voltage for (333 x 9), (380 x 9), or (400 x 9), should I bump it to like 1.39 or leave it to normal??

No that isn't normal, but I seem to recall seeing this behavior early in this boards life span (especially Rev 1 boards). Are you on the latest BIOS?

I just updated the Bios but it will not allow me to overclock.
I have tried many times but goes back to stock 2.4.

Please help??

your bios battery might be dead? try replacing it and see if that helps.

Mine does the exact same thing, and it is going back as soon as I get a replacement. There is also some really weird stability issues with this board. The main one that bugs me is that it under clocks my e8400 to 2.66 if I left it default.

Ordered an asus P5e deluxe and will stay away from this one, I have found out to many really silly quirks from people that have it.

I did get it stable with 380x9 and 1.3 v core, and ran prime 95 for almost 20 hours.

I just updated the Bios but it will not allow me to overclock.
I have tried many times but goes back to stock 2.4.

Please help??

Have you loaded the Optimized Defaults after the BIOS update ?
The Gigabyte DS3L has this "stupid mode", you can try the following solutions described by me.
Normally, when you change some memory related setting in BIOS, the board reset's itself once, after that it should boot OK.
If one of the setting isn't correct or the board doesn't like it, then the board turns off and on a few times and reset's itself to the default values. ;)

I had similar problems awhile ago and I did what Seb has written. I simply chose optimized default at BIOS and OC afterwards.

Back