Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Memory Voltage

matt_man22

n00b
Quick question for anyone else who has this motherboard. I upped the memory voltage by +0.2 and Speedfan/Hardware Monitor shows 1.9v. I then upped by 0.3v and it shows 2.0v.

Shouldn't +0.3v for memory be 2.1v? I am confused as to why it seems to not be matching what most people say.

Thanks.

I have the same board, and for me it doesnt increase a full 0.1v every step. If you upgrade to the latest bios it shows the voltages in the bios.

i have same motherboard. my memory is at +0.3 (2.1). bios readout in PCHealth section is 1.96v on the memory, but hey it also lists the cpu temp at 16C (mobo temp 20C) so i have no idea where these bios readings are coming from. wish someone would enlighten us on these variances. .

The bios PC health is just reporting what you set in the bios (which you already know) so it is mostly BS.

Speedfan is reporting the actual value obtained from the APCI / SMSbus monitoring chip and is more real world (but also should be taken with a grain of salt).

Looking up the socket pin/lead pinout and measuing with an accurate digital voltmeter at the proper memory socket pins while the board is up and running would be the most accurate.

The two do not match for very complicated and valid reasions mainly because designers cannot afford to put high percision expensive circuity in for a memory power supply.

are you having any problems with cold boots when running this voltage.

I have not looked at p35 or x35 boards from giga since all I can see if the older boards that would not boot with memory voltage over 1.8.

I need a new board and confused.

I have mine at +0.2 and it reads as 1.95v in Everest. Whatever.:/

It runs my ram at 4-4-4-12 just fine.

are you having any problems with cold boots when running this voltage.

I have not looked at p35 or x35 boards from giga since all I can see if the older boards that would not boot with memory voltage over 1.8.

I need a new board and confused.

Never had a problem no matter what the DDR Voltage was set at.

I have the same board, and for me it doesnt increase a full 0.1v every step. If you upgrade to the latest bios it shows the voltages in the bios.
Which BIOS exactly? I was trying to find the voltages for the memory but not sure where to look for best numbers. I'm on F5 BIOS I think.

Back