GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R issue ... please assist me!

SuperSaiyan

Limp Gawd
First time thread starter. Great website BTW! I've searched on this so please don't flame me.

I have the above motherboard installed, purchased in September '07 and now it is acting up. I shut it down last night -- it was running fine. This morning I go to turn it on and I get no beeps, no vga, no post and the PC shuts down in 5 seconds or so...then it turns itself back on in about 3 seconds and does the whole process over again. This is really grinding my gears. I've been building PC's since the mid 80's and I've never seen this behavior. I've torn the whole system down and just left the bare essentials in it and still...the same thing. I have NOT taken the PSU out and placed it into another machine yet... I'll be doing that a little later on. I seriously don't think it's the PSU. I think the mobo is the issue...especially after reading a few threads on this exact same thing, but I STILL don't know what caused it or what the exact issue is.

No bios flashes have been performed
all HDD's spin fine based on what I can hear
I cannot test the video card in another machine because I don't have another PCIx PC.
Memory has been reseated
Watercooled system but there are no leaks
System temps have never exceeded 98 degrees Fahr.
No overclocking
It was pretty dusty but it is cleaned out every 4-6 months.
PSU connection was reseated

Can someone please shed some light on this and share your own experience with your Gigabyte mobo? I am human therefore I do make mistakes..am I missing something?

My system is:
1st gen Koolance watercooled case, Intel Q6600, 2GB Crucial Ballistix, BFG 650W PSU, GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R rev. 1.0, eVGA 8800GT Superclocked 700mhz, 3 HDDs

Thanks! Matthew

Hello I had this motherboard before moving to the Asus P5E. From what you describe, I would say you have either a bad bios (no beeps) or a bad motherboard. There is an outside chance the CPU is bad.

Some ideas:
1. Have you tried reseting CMOS?
2. Try measuring your power supply with a power supply tester.

Good luck!

definately clear cmos, if the same problem i vote bad mobo. also try without any ram at all and see if you get 3 beeps

Clear Cmos, sound like the OC isn't stable (if OC'd). I had the same problem, once it was my OC the other time it was my video card (an old OC'd 7900 GS).

Hello I had this motherboard before moving to the Asus P5E. From what you describe, I would say you have either a bad bios (no beeps) or a bad motherboard. There is an outside chance the CPU is bad.

Some ideas:
1. Have you tried reseting CMOS?
2. Try measuring your power supply with a power supply tester.

Good luck!

haven't reset cmos yet...in all honesty, I figured no post...no point in resetting CMOS...but I'll try that.
PSU confirmed working fine in backup PC...so...that ain't it!

definately clear cmos, if the same problem i vote bad mobo. also try without any ram at all and see if you get 3 beeps

tried that, both without RAM and without Video Card....same thing.

Well, it's been RMA'd. Gigabyte support concurred that it was a corrupt BIOS. Apparently they have seen this before. Just my luck. I'm not going to let this one isolated incident push me away from Gigabyte. I've owned 3 other boards from them and they are all still working flawlessly!

Thanks for all who replied.

Well, it's been RMA'd. Gigabyte support concurred that it was a corrupt BIOS. Apparently they have seen this before. Just my luck. I'm not going to let this one isolated incident push me away from Gigabyte. I've owned 3 other boards from them and they are all still working flawlessly!

Thanks for all who replied.
I have this same problem. What number did you call to RMA? I scoured their website for one and couldn't find it.

In the US call 1-626-854-9338. No toll free sorry.

YES....this fact completely sucked ... and be prepared to wait for about 5-15 minutes so you'll accumulate a signicant long distance charge. I was on the phone for about 35 minutes and all they will tell you is to go to their RMA website and complete the RMA form. So, if you have a cell phone with some free minutes or a calling card, use it!!

Another tidbit, thier RMA requires the CPU slot cover! If you don't have one, they will not take it back! Hence, another reason I am getting another motherboard...to get a CPU cover cuz I threw mine away...but I kept the box and packing! A slight undersight on my part. But then again, I never dreamed I would be RMA'ing this board!!

Back