Gigabyte H55N-USB3 Mini ITX Motherboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at PC Perspective just put the finishing touches on their review of the Gigabyte H55N-USB3 mini-ITX motherboard. How did Gigabute’s first mini-ITX motherboard perform? This quote from the review ought to give you an idea:

I've been testing mini ITX motherboards from a variety of vendors including Zotac and VIA to name a few, but never I've tested one with the power, performance, and feature set included with the H55N-USB3. Gigabyte's first mini ITX board should give other vendors something to strive for as they look to create a small motherboard with full-size features."

Thanks for the info. I've been looking to upgrade my HTPC from 775 to i5/i7. The only thing that won't work for me is the limited 4xSATA for storage. 6 SATA connections or even 8 would be great for my storage needs.

Built a number of SFF boxes for family using these boards lately. Love 'em.

May even build one for myself soon enough...they make a pretty spiffy machine with the silverstone sg07 case.

ehh, kinda ridiculous to need so many sata in mitx. it cant support raid... so might as well just make the pc tiny and get an external/network raid storage.

but great board. using it for my main rig, and brought my 750 to 4.0(not meant to last at those speeds though) but i leave it at 3.6
same setup in sig.

they use a H50 for test, but the article doesn't mention that it needs to be modded to fit?

If you need more info there is a lot of information about this board in the SFF forum.

Still searching for a high performance air cooler that wont block the PCI-E slot before going to an H70.

The area around the CPU socket is pretty cramped, but should be able to support our Corsair H50 watercooling system just fine. Users who want to add a high-end, air cooled heatsink also have that option as well with this motherboard.

I guess they did not realize you have to file a small part of the h50 rear bracket to make clearance for some chip on the back of the motherboard.

Back