Gigabyte MA770T vs. Gigabyte MA790XT

The MA770T is an excellent board, especially for the price. I installed one in my wife's computer and it is every bit as fast and stable as my MA790FXT, without all the extras most people do not need. The MA790XT is a better overclocking board, and has Crossfire support, but if you don't need that then there is no reason to spend extra on it over the 770. The 770 is an excellent bang for the buck, great build quality too.

The MA770T is an excellent board, especially for the price. I installed one in my wife's computer and it is every bit as fast and stable as my MA790FXT, without all the extras most people do not need. The MA790XT is a better overclocking board, and has Crossfire support, but if you don't need that then there is no reason to spend extra on it over the 770. The 770 is an excellent bang for the buck, great build quality too.

Agreed.

What Reus said. I had an MA770T and it worked great for what I used it for, playing CS:S, Pshop, and school work. I did not need overclocking with that rig, so that board worked great and was very stable.

The UD3P is good for a single card platform.Has enuff Bios options to clock a Cpu well.

If your gonna use Two Graphics cards,,
UD4P/5P is alot better bang @ $109 for a 790XUD4P DDR2..if you dont want to buy ram and use existing DDR2. More Options in Bios for tweaking and ability to run two cards.
MA770 UD3P and Both 790X/DDR2 and 790XT/DDR3 work amazingly well.

Last edited:
What does UD3P and UD4P stand for? And what is the difference between DDR2 and DDR3 RAM?? thanks

The MA790XT is a better overclocking board, and has Crossfire support, but if you don't need that then there is no reason to spend extra on it over the 770. The 770 is an excellent bang for the buck, great build quality too.

How do boards differ in OC ability? I've never overclocked before, but after I get this gaming build, I will most likely try it, seeing that the AMD processors are easily overclocked (from what I have heard)

Also, I see you have the Dell 2209WA, I'm considering that monitor, how is it?

Back