Gigabyte P35 boards with 8GB/4 DIMMs?

izx

Limp Gawd
I'm thinking of getting a GA-P35-DS3P, with 8 GB (4 DIMMs) of DDR2-800 RAM and a Q6600.

There have been reports (on Newegg and another tech forum) of people not being able to successfully all 4 DIMM slots on the board.

I'm not interested in OC, but have any of you succesfully gotten a Gigabyte P35 board to run with 4 DIMMs (4 or 8 GB?)

I am also interested in knowing this. I am currently running 2 x 1GB sticks of Corsair XMS2 8500 1066Mhz. Would 2 more (4x1GB) work? Will it run better?

About that new Bios, F5, my P35-DS3P is running so flawlessly that I think I should just leave it as is, with the F4 bios. Until I see that the F5 gives some type of improvement, I won't flash. (I have heard some horror stories from flashing bios. Plus, even Gigabye recommends to keep the current bios if there are no problems, to not risk a bios flash crash)

I'm using 4 sticks of G.Skill DDR2 800 (CL 5) on a P35 DS3R with no problems other than vista only recognizes 3.5GB

Running 4GB (4x1GB) of Patriot Signature on a DS3L here. Same issue as poster above, Windows XP only recognizes 3.5GB of it. Which BTW is better than my old Asus P5LD2-VM, which would only recognize 3.12GB in WinXP.

32bit vista,i'm quintuple booting 32bit vista,ubuntu,kubuntu,freespire and opensuse.
no problems with 3.5ghz o/c so far!:cool:

I was running the F3 BIOS on my Gigabyte P35-DQ6 motherboard, and it was happy with either the Patriot Extreme 2x2GB sticks or the OCZ "Vista Upgrade" 2x2GB sticks. Put 'em together, though, and the memory bandwidth (as reported by Sandra XI.SP4) goes into the toilet. Upgraded from F3 to F5 today, and things are *much* happier now. No more slowdowns with 8GB (4x2GB) installed.

Running 4GB (4x1GB) of Patriot Signature on a DS3L here. Same issue as poster above, Windows XP only recognizes 3.5GB of it. Which BTW is better than my old Asus P5LD2-VM, which would only recognize 3.12GB in WinXP.
Upgrade to a 64-bit OS if you want to see all your RAM.

Back