Gigabyte P67A-UD4 is MY best option

**DELETE THREAD PLS** Wish I could edit the title. Went a different route after all. After some more reading on various forms and sources for a few hours this morning I am willing to try the Asus P8P67 Pro board. I have confidence in ++++.com and paid for expressRMA should this board decide to fuck me. The UEFI, Intel gb lan, Asus Suite, board layout, and presence of helpful Asus engineers lurking around the forums have helped persuade me.

Last edited:
Haha you have been doing what I have been doing since these boards came out. Trying to decide which board will give me the least headache. Originally I thought i'd go ASUS, then MSI. I have arrived at the same conclusion as you, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 will probably get my money.

Well that's certainly a turnaround from the theme of the original post.

Well that's certainly a turnaround from the theme of the original post.

no kidding huh? i found myself being back and forth between the gigabyte ud4, the asus 67 pro and the msi gd65. one day i would like one, the next day i'd like another. its been this way for about two weeks now. all have their stong points, all have their weaknesses. i hope im not disappointed with my decision.

So after pages and pages of people posting problems with the P8P67, you decided to go with it instead? Certainly many of the posts have solutions in them, but why not get a board that comes working and doesn't need to be fixed first?

So after pages and pages of people posting problems with the P8P67, you decided to go with it instead? Certainly many of the posts have solutions in them, but why not get a board that comes working and doesn't need to be fixed first?

because i believe that it will be the better board overall once these issues are worked out. plus i like a challenge :) if it comes to frustration then i will return it.

Must admit the OP is my thinking. I'm and ASUS fan, had very little problem with them, but form my reading ( no actual RL experience myslf) the new P867 Pro board is a bit more 'work" than i want to tackle with a completly new system. I already have to learn all the new stuff for SB, then tack on "issues" why? As you state later (OP) it may well turn out to be a great board, but then again.. gambleing on the future, why bother?

But to each there own. Im sure the giga will have it share of issues too.. USB keyboard issues (or so I have read?).. good luck reguardless.

Back