Gigabyte Sponsored EP45-DS3R/GTX 260 review

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn right! i run the Houston-Imports.com Counter-Strike:Source clan and Source is still alive and kicking. performance is what matters! find me a 4ghz X2 that will beat my E8400 and i'll buy it or find me a card that's the same price as my GTX 260 that's faster and i will get that. i doubt AMD will come out with anything anytime soon to beat what's coming from intel in Q3

ROFLOL @ houstonimports.com

Source games don't push technology anymore. People play WoW, but it doesn't get benched because it doesn't push the hardware. Take the AMD vs Intel crap to the processor forums, this is the wrong place.

I agree with some of you that it is not a review, but a commercial, but that doesn't mean you guys can flame the OP with so much negative criticism.

On this forum I have observed, people flame so much, even for the smallest of reasons. And if the benchmark is not [H] style its not a benchmark and cannot be trusted.

Yes he should have tested more games and there is no way 3D Mark can give game performance indication, but hey , there is a polite way to say it.

People on internet think they don't know each other, so they can say anything , try that in the real world and see what serious repercussions you have.

I agree with some of you that it is not a review, but a commercial, but that doesn't mean you guys can flame the OP with so much negative criticism.

On this forum I have observed, people flame so much, even for the smallest of reasons. And if the benchmark is not [H] style its not a benchmark and cannot be trusted.

Yes he should have tested more games and there is no way 3D Mark can give game performance indication, but hey , there is a polite way to say it.

People on internet think they don't know each other, so they can say anything , try that in the real world and see what serious repercussions you have.

Aside from the notion that it's a "commercial"... It's also a fabrication. Anyone who posts something up for public display should expect to be criticized, esp. when then that post tries to misrepresent the facts. 500 fps on the source engine benchmark @ 1280 x 1024? Yeah, right.

I have basically the same system and I get 290 fps. on high settings with no AA or AF and no HDR @ 1280 x 1024. My other benchmarks are completely consistent with benchies i've seen for a similar system.

I could see, given his rig is an e8400 @ 4 ghz...maybe 300...310 fps. for a 400 mhz boost over my CPU and slightly newer tech. But 500 fps? Come on. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back