Gigabyte TForce at newegg now

• Thread starter Deleted member 80813
  • Start date
i will pick it up assuming that it will run fine with a 20 to 24 pin adapter. specifically from my antec aria psu.

can anyone confirm or offer advice to this matter?

Will this mobo support odd combonations of memory in dual channel like my nforce2? (2x 256, 1x 512)

MassiveOverkill said:
I'm too lazy to look, does this have the Azalia sound or is that only bundled with the 6150?

Actually, HD audio is supported by both the 410 and 430 southbridges. The Gigabyte implements it using an ALC880 codec.

Misadventure said:
i will pick it up assuming that it will run fine with a 20 to 24 pin adapter. specifically from my antec aria psu.

can anyone confirm or offer advice to this matter?

anyone? i really want to test this one for you guys.... :D

Weiman said:
Actually, HD audio is supported by both the 410 and 430 southbridges. The Gigabyte implements it using an ALC880 codec.

Which is Azalea, which is cool, because the Biostar one has only the 655, which isn't Azalea.

Come on, which of you pansies is going to butch up and best the test beeoooootch for this one??? :p

im gonna jump on it when i get some more moneys

maybe a week from now

Page 43 of the manual says there are no voltage options. Unless Shift-F1 does something in this bios...

but it also says 200-300fsb unlike the asus which maxs at 240 (for now)

Shift-F1 worked on the old GigaByte board, that's why I mentioned it. Clockgen might give you some voltage, if it's compatible, which it probably is.

sleepeeg3 said:
Shift-F1 worked on the old GigaByte board, that's why I mentioned it. Clockgen might give you some voltage, if it's compatible, which it probably is.

How about the nTune software supported by Nvidia? It's supposed to be compatible with all their nForce 6100 chipset motherboards. Would that give us the options for overclocking within Windows?

hey guys my jetway crapped out on me while i was installing a tv tuner so I picked up the ECS but i'm not all that fond of it. I'm a bit out of the loop here, what is the main difference between the 6100 and the 6150?

Crapped out = static fried? ;) Don't worry, I have done more than my share of that...

6100 vs 6150 main difference is better onboard video. Doesn't really matter, because they both suck for gaming.

If you want to overclock, go with the Biostar TForce. If you want 8+ channel sound and don't mind running stock, go with the Gigabyte.

Back