GIGABYTE vs BIOSTAR

Seraphic

2[H]4U
Last edited:
I'm for the gigabyte board since it has 3 year warranty than biostar's 1year warranty.

Unless your trying to unlock that 4th core on your X3 720BE I think the biostar has a better chance (not sure though).

Just to be sure that you saw that these combo deals.

Gigabyte + X3 720BE

Biostar + X3 720BE

Last edited:
Yeah, combo deal was the reason I was looking at them.
And yes, want to unlock that 4th core (or try to).
Seems Gigabyte disabled ACC on that board, so going to have to go with BioStar.

Also, the the BioStar motherboard I'm going with has has a lot of feedback issues with having no MOFSET coolers. Is that something you can buy as a heatsink? One feedback post on newegg said he got a MOFSET cooler, but it heated up so much that the board shut down due to heat. Any comments on that? Thanks

Not too sure about MOFSET coolers however I was in the market for one a few months back for my ASUS P5Q Pro. I notice how the lower models had MOSFET coolers but the higher P5Q Pro didn't. I learn I could just easily buy one of the lower model's MOSFET coolers and mount it on my board.

I saw a few after-market MOSFET coolers but if memory serves me correctly they were only for ASUS boards. Reason why is because ASUS MOSFET coolers has their mounting pins in opposite corners. I notice the Biostar's mounting pins location will be on opposite side.

I'll try to look around to see if there is a compatible MOSFET cooler around. Not sure why that one guy's motherboard heat up so much. Perhaps someone at Biostar try to pass a faulty board by adding a MOSFET cooler to it?

Well ill keep it short ive been testing this Mobo over the Weekend , its the new Revison and comes with the F2B bios stock whih will run and boot most chips including a 720.

First thing i did was Flash the F5A Bios via USB before i did anything else.
True Temp is read using HWmonitor and you read the TMPIN1 for CPU core.

I Then switched ACC firmware setting to HYBRID MODE set ACC to auto ...this is a true Bios made for unlocking the chips for enthusiats

A few screens and thats all she wrote. The NBvid is there and you can change CPUvcore but the NBvid is bugged in all BIOS ATM. There will be a fix hopefully in next few Bios releases. Gigabyte is working on it.

1st boot up
F5AusbbiosflashX4core720BE.jpg

Highest with using stock NBvid @ 1.2vid. to go above this on My M3A79-T i would need to set it @ 1.45Nbvid. That is the only Bios bug ATM.
UD4Ptweaking720.jpg

Basic X4core run testing HTT to 250. nothing special but needed to see what it would do at 25% oc on HTT.
stockvolts720x4coreUD4P.jpg

24/7 until a NBvid working bios comes along.

UD4Ptweaking720_3600.jpg

The Best clocks for this CHIP before i Unlocke X4cores with the UD4P . I used a M3A79-T to see what the best voltages where. Once i got ahold of the F5A Bios i then installed the 720 and fired it up in X4core mode from day one.

smallbenchrun.jpg

Last edited:
Back